United States
Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
but I'm not the only one
badge
My hands are small, I know, but they're not yours, they are my own
mbmbmbmbmb
Anyone come up with a way to play this solitaire, yet? With the random map set-up and the hidden tiles, it seems like it could make a good solo exploration game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Matecha
United States
Florence
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Here's an idea:

Use the quick play rules with altered Guardian programming:

1-QUICKENING PROGRAM - The Guardian begins the game in the Quickening Program Mode.
The Guardian moves 1 tile every turn toward the nearest explorer.
If there are no explorers on the grid the Guardian moves toward the nearest unexplored tile.
The Guardian explores every tile it moves onto.
When on the same tile as an explorer/glynium the Guardian sends the explorers back to the mothership but ignores the glynium.

2-AWAKENING PROGRAM - When all tiles are revealed the Guardian enters the Awakening Program Mode in the tile it currently occupies.
The Guardian moves 1 tile every turn toward the nearest explorer.
If there are no explorers on the grid the Guardian moves toward the nearest glynium.
The Guardian cleanses every tile it moves onto. (including explorers/glynium as usual)

3-RED GLYNIUM RULE - If the red Glynium disc enters play and there are still unexplored tiles in the grid then the Guardian instantly enters the Awakening Program Mode and all unexplored tiles are considered to be cleansed.

4-SHIELDING RULE - Normal Shielding rules apply against the Guardian in the solo game.
If a Guardian cannot enter a tile with an explorer due to the shielding rule it will head for the nearest unexplored tile if in the Quickening Program Mode or attempt to cleanse the nearest tile which cuts off the continuous movement path if in the Awakening Program Mode.

5-STARBASE RULE - You may use a starbase against the Guardian if it is within a 2 tile radius of the starbase. The Guardian is pushed 2 tiles in any direction.

6-SCORING - This will need to be adjusted but try this for a start:

1-8 Ensign
9-12 Lieutenant
13-14 Captain
15 Major
16 Colonel
17 Commander
18 Rear Admiral
19 Vice Admiral
20 Admiral
21 Emperor of the Universe!

Don't forget to only use 14 yellow, 2 blue and 1 red glynium disc.

Enjoy!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.