Subject: Which order should i play these of D games in? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Scrumpy Jack
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I am just about to pick up Dungeon of D from the local printer, and am already thinking about what to print next. Looking at the cards in Island of D, i see many similar cards, but different mechanics (draw card vs. dice). Should i be looking at Island of D2 instead? Should i print them all out and play them in a certain order (chronologically?) Should I skip I of D altogether if it is superseded by Dungeon of D?
What about Adventure of D? I'm thinking about ordering that too, but where does it fit in?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Darwid
Indonesia
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If you ignore the story, you can find the ones that you like:
- see the gametime to see whether if that game a quick game or a longer/more involving one
- see the number of player to see how many players can play
- see the theme and/or mechanic

For story continuity: it's IoD-IoD2-DoD/SoD-AoD (only AoD is commercial)

IoD is a 30 minutes adventure game using dice. Some Players prefer dice than cards..

Other than IoD, all other use the Power Card system, but each with a different tweak to match the game theme:

IoD2 is a 1 Player 15 minutes adventure game.

DoD is a 1 Player full blown 60 mintues of dungeon crawling game (well, if you survive that long devil )

SoD is a 1 Player 20 minutes Tower Defense game (still needs someone to redesign the cards to make it full-color...whistle )

AoD is a 1-4 Players adventure game (gametime is around 30 minutes / Player).

Note:
-AoD basically is an extended+enriched version of IoD2, and can be played by 1-4 Players. If you like IoD2 (you can try the Flash game easily), I think you will love AoD.
-My other games: GoD (space combat) and FoD (RPS fighting) each has a different theme & mechanic.
-You can check each game rating/comments in D Series family.

Hope this helps

JackD
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.