United States
Herriman
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
He's eating a Dungeon Lord imp...
mbmbmbmbmb
I need clarification on three things.

1) After you add a zombie to the horde on someone elses turn, do you draw back up to six immediately or keep your hand at five? We had a game where someone drew six zombies and then wanted to play one on the horde and thus pick up a sixth card hoping it was not a zombie. Should the game have ended immediately?

2) Let's say you've gone through the deck three times and will thus need to put out four zombies but there are only three in the zombie deck. Can another player put out an attrition four zombie?(as opposed to needing to put out a 6) I am assuming yes but just wanted to make sure.

3) If there are three zombies in the zombie threat deck, do all three effects take place on each survivors turn?

Thanks
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max Holliday
United States
Ogden
UT
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Dino25 wrote:
I need clarification on three things.

1) After you add a zombie to the horde on someone elses turn, do you draw back up to six immediately or keep your hand at five? We had a game where someone drew six zombies and then wanted to play one on the horde and thus pick up a sixth card hoping it was not a zombie. Should the game have ended immediately?

You only draw back up to 6 cards at the end of your turn. If you play a zombie on another Survivors turn you can draw until it is your turn again. The game should have ended in a zombie victory, being that on his turn he would not been able to play any cards and had to reveal a hand of nothing but zombies! (although he could have chosen to reveal his hand at any time to end the game)

Dino25 wrote:
2) Let's say you've gone through the deck three times and will thus need to put out four zombies but there are only three in the zombie deck. Can another player put out an attrition four zombie?(as opposed to needing to put out a 6) I am assuming yes but just wanted to make sure.

No, the game ends as soon as the last card in the Zombie Deck&Zombie discard is revealed.

One more thing there is no Attrition 6 Zombie... the Blood spot at the top of the card is the zombies Level this the number you have Fight (there are five zombie levels; 1,2,4,6,8) the Sign at the bottom of the card is the Attrition value this is the number you Flee from, tells you number of cards you must lose, and lets you know if you can add it to the Hoard (there are three Attrition Value's; 1,2,4)

Dino25 wrote:
3) If there are three zombies in the zombie threat deck, do all three effects take place on each survivors turn?

Thanks

Yes, every zombie in every Zombie Players threat area is in effect at all times for all players...

Hope that helps!

Max Holliday
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
aaron belmer
United States
Webster Groves
St Louis
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Also, this may be super obvious already, however we weren't sure at first.

The zombie threat area is a personal area in front of the zombie player, separate from the zombie hoarde.

So in a 4 player game, if 2 people are zombies, they each have their own separate threat cards, all of which affect remaining players.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cameron Chien
United States
Rancho Cucamonga
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My understanding is that there is just one Zombie Threat area for all Zombie players.

Cameron
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
aaron belmer
United States
Webster Groves
St Louis
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Max can we can a rulng on this? One threat area per zombie player or simply one single threat area for the 2 zombies to share?

Thx in advance

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kareem Koh
Malaysia
Puchong
Selangor
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I understand it as one area too, since some of the "powers" are redundant if there's multiple areas.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max Holliday
United States
Ogden
UT
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
onetonmee wrote:
I understand it as one area too, since some of the "powers" are redundant if there's multiple areas.

yes most of the Zombie threat 'powers' are redundant but each area can only have three cards in it at a time. So one zombie Player will never be able to have all the Zombie cards in his threat area at the same time, but 2ZP each with a treat area would. (although Level4 Zombies power is redundant if you only have 4p in the game, but having several Level1 Zombie 'powers' in play becomes all that more important at the point if the ZPlayers are looking for a win...)

So yes, every time a player turns into a Zombie they start a new Zombie Threat area of there own.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cameron Chien
United States
Rancho Cucamonga
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ooooh wow, that could be evil. Oh wait, that is the point of a Zombie Threat Area

Cameron

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brendan b
United States
chicago
Select State
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Jiblet wrote:
[q="Dino25"]I need clarification on three things.

1) After you add a zombie to the horde on someone elses turn, do you draw back up to six immediately or keep your hand at five?

You only draw back up to 6 cards at the end of your turn. If you play a zombie on another Survivors turn you can draw until it is your turn again.

I just wanted a clarification. I'm sure it was just a simple misspelling, but if you add a zombie to the hoard on another player's turn, you do not draw cards until the end of your next turn; you simply use the remaining 5 (or less) cards?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max Holliday
United States
Ogden
UT
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
brendanb wrote:
Jiblet wrote:
[q="Dino25"]I need clarification on three things.

1) After you add a zombie to the horde on someone elses turn, do you draw back up to six immediately or keep your hand at five?

You only draw back up to 6 cards at the end of your turn. If you play a zombie on another Survivors turn you can draw until it is your turn again.

I just wanted a clarification. I'm sure it was just a simple misspelling, but if you add a zombie to the hoard on another player's turn, you do not draw cards until the end of your next turn; you simply use the remaining 5 (or less) cards?

yes

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.