Subject: Two simple questions rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Helmut Apel
Germany
Darmstadt
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I´m in my first game (Scenario 1) and have two things that i didn´t find here or in the FAQ.

1. As an investigator, i attack a monster in my action-phase. Afterwards, am i allowed to play my remaining movement-phase? (i guess if so i don´t need to evade since that would mean another Action) Is it related to the outcome of the fight?

2. As the keeper, i move my monster on an investigators field and attack. Am i still allowed to take a sample and move the 1 field away after the attack?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Disgustipater
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
TylerDax wrote:
1. As an investigator, i attack a monster in my action-phase. Afterwards, am i allowed to play my remaining movement-phase? (i guess if so i don´t need to evade since that would mean another Action) Is it related to the outcome of the fight?

If you still have a movement left after the fight, yes you can move. You can split up your two moves and action any way you want. However, if the monster is not dead after your attack, you will have to make an evade check to move away. Anytime you do anything other than attack, you have to make an evade check, regardless of what you did before.

TylerDax wrote:
2. As the keeper, i move my monster on an investigators field and attack. Am i still allowed to take a sample and move the 1 field away after the attack?

No, because you don't get to attack with the monster until after the action phase. If you check the Keeper's turn sequence, you'll see that actions come first, such as moving, taking a sample, etc. Once you are done with actions, then you do the monster attack step.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul C
United Kingdom
Kent
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Helmut,

You can move after you have attacked a monster but you will need to make an evade test if the monster is still alive (you always need to make an evade test if there is a ( un-stunned) monster in your space and you want to move out of the space or perform a non-combat action).

Regarding your second question. I do not think it is possible to move a monster, attack and then take a sample. And here is why: The keeper's turn is divided into 5 steps which must be carried out in the order they appear in the rule book:
1. Player Trading
2. Gain Threat
3. Action step
4. Attack step
5. Event step

You can only move a monster and take a sample in the "Action step" so if your monster has moved away after taking a sample he will not be in the same space as the investigator and so cannot attack (unless of course he has moved onto another investigators space).

Hope this helps.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mr. D
United States
Oneonta
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Quote:

You are allowed to use your remaining moves, but I am pretty sure you would still need to make an evade check to move if the monster didn't die. (Remember, you can still move whether you are successful or not. The evade check is to see if the hero is damaged.)

Quote:

No. Take Sample is a Keeper Action. All Keeper Actions happen before the Monster Attack phase. If you wanted to Take Sample before attacking, you could...but then you either use the move from the Action or Attack in the next phase...not both.

-TR

EDIT: Double ninja'd ninjaninja
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul C
United Kingdom
Kent
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Darn, Brine beat me to it blush

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Helmut Apel
Germany
Darmstadt
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Great, thank you all for your advice

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.