Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tomas Hejna
Czech Republic
Prague
Czech Republic
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm toying with a play where one of the players would be the Resistance. But the thing is to make the game similarly enjoyable for him as it would be for the Alien players.

The game should be similar to cooperative / competetive-cooperative.

Proposed changes:
1) choice of Brutal/Normal Resistance is up to the players' experience, but Brutal is recommended for the cooperative game, while Normal for a competetive-cooperative; the players may eventually increase or decrease the needed Terror Points by 1 per player
2) on the 1st phase "Draw a Resistance Event" the Resistance player may draw as many cards as is the current Stage on the Human Tech Track and choose 1 of them to play (then discard the rest)
3) on the 4th phase "Resistance Move" the Resistance Counters with Move ability may be moved freely to any location at the same Board Section OR to the nearest location on neighbouring Board Section
4) on the 4th phase "Resistance Move" the Resistance Player may also move the number of Resistance Counters without Move ability equal to the Alien player's number, each such Resistant counter may be moved to any neighbouring location
5) on the 6th phase "Roll for Tech Breakthrough" the Resistance player may freely choose any Human Tech card from remaining ones if the Breakthrough occures - also, he may draw up to 2 Space Stuff cards and choose 1 of them for the "Reverese Engineering" card

What do you think?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Folsom
United States
Wilmore
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I know this is old to you, but new to me. I'm curious if you've tried it.

I'm actually thinking of trying it out, seems legit. I think the Resistance player needs more choices though, but I can't think of what. Maybe he gets to draw 4 and play 1 event card (but the alien text, not resistance tech) and each turn he may discard 1 to draw another.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.