Midlothian
Texas
flag msg tools
admin
Est. 2005
badge
_____BGG.CON_____ BGG@SEA BGG.Spring
mbmbmbmbmb
Unfortunately we didn't get any stats last year from the bus company. If you used the restaurant bus last year, please post here and let me know what time & day you used it, and if you noticed about how many others were also on the bus with you.

Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug Faust
United States
Malverne
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I believe my wife and I used the restaurant bus every evening except one for dinner. That would be 3 times. We didn't use it for lunch. The bus was never full, but it wasn't empty either, I'd say each time we used it, it had 10-15 people on board.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Tompkins
United States
San Antonio
Texas
flag msg tools
Never go in against a Sicilian when DEATH is on the line!
badge
You know what would be funny...
mbmbmbmbmb
We used it several times - busiest time was in the evening between 6-8pm, where I saw the bus at near capacity on Wednesday night. Lunch and dinner are obvious times when it was busy, but we took two mid-afternoon trips ~2pm and still never saw the bus travel with less than 8 people on board.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Quinn Munnerlyn
United States
Carrollton
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I used it once. I don't remember exactly when but it was after nightfall probably Friday.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Duff
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Every time I took the bus, it was quite full, probably 3/4s. That was around "normal" dinner times, 6:00pm or so.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Mitchell
Canada
Saskatoon
Saskatchewan
flag msg tools
Do I have overtext?
badge
Yes I do.
mbmbmbmbmb
If my memory serves me, my wife and I took the bus on Thursday around lunch time (maybe late lunch) and it wasn't anywhere near capacity - probably 10-15 people on it though.

Sadly I won't be there this year, but I did enjoy the camaraderie on the bus.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Conway
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We ate dinner later and had no problem getting seats on the bus going to or from the restaurants.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Kunsemiller
United States
Indianapolis
IN
flag msg tools
badge
Mischievous Hobbes is Mischievous
mbmbmbmbmb
Similar sentiments here, took the bus a few times, the busiest was during typical dinner times, around 6 or 7, and it got pretty full, but never so full that people were turned away or had standing room only. I do remember one dinner return trip that was pretty much at capacity though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Brooks
United States
West Hills
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think I was on the bus at 6 or 7pm on Friday and there was probably 10-12 people on the trip out and the same or a couple more on the trip back.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian M
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We used the bus a few times, but I think we were usually slightly off from the main lunch/dinner crowd. There were usually about 6-10 people on the bus.

We used it:

Thursday for lunch. I know there were at least 5 people, since 5 of us went to the same place.

Saturday for lunch. At least 8 people going out, more going back - there was an especially big group since that was the time the bus broke down

Wow...only twice. I thought it was more than that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Kunsemiller
United States
Indianapolis
IN
flag msg tools
badge
Mischievous Hobbes is Mischievous
mbmbmbmbmb
StormKnight wrote:
Wow...only twice. I thought it was more than that.

Probably because using it twice entails four distinct bus rides.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Samuel Sol
Brazil
São Paulo
SP
flag msg tools
admin
All engines full to awesome land!
badge
*tap* *tap* Is this thing on?
mbmbmbmbmb
Nodecam wrote:
If my memory serves me, my wife and I took the bus on Thursday around lunch time (maybe late lunch) and it wasn't anywhere near capacity - probably 10-15 people on it though.

When Aline and I used it, always on lunch time, that was the normal amount of people. 10-15.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shari Stidam
United States
Jacksonville
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My friends and I (three of us in total) used the bus regularly during our stay. If memory serves me right:

Thursday - Lunch
Friday - Lunch & Dinner
Saturday - Lunch & Dinner

The bus was never completely full, but they were at around 30-50% capacity the times I rode.

The one thing I do remember noticing at the time was that we rarely had the same people riding back with us. Which means we were picking up folks that had come on different runs than we originally left on.

The best stop for us was the one that was in front of the busy shopping area with the Firehouse Subs and Grocery Store across the street. There were a lot of shops and eating places there compared to the others.

We really appreciated having the shuttle available!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Marshall
United States
Thousand Oaks
California
flag msg tools
We Are DEVO!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
A friend and I used it Friday night, about 5 or 6 pm and returned the next time it came around. There were about 10 people on the bus when we left, there seemed less when we returned, maybe people stayed out later.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.