Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Stephen Foulk
United Kingdom
Toronto
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi - does anyone know why the Kiev Guards' T-80s have better armour than the other T-80s is this a different version or a misprint?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Price
New Zealand
flag msg tools
mbmb
I understand this is a misprint and the normal T-80 value from B&B should be used.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think that was suggested by some vocal fans, but I do not believe that's the official answer.

Could be the TUS T-80's have a bolt on armor advantage over those that appeared in BnB, which depicts battles fought earlier on the WaW timeline.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Snyder
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Simple answer. Misprint. I had the value wrong in the data file that set the counter values and it was missed when reviewing the counters for the game since the counter and data sheet matched. The values for all T-80s are as follows:

Full : 9-3-4 3-5 4-4-5 7 2-4
Red: 9-2-5 3-5 4-2-5 7 1-4

Hope this helps sort things out.

The AtWarCzar cool
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Foulk
United Kingdom
Toronto
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Cheers - I can see both answers have validity but the misprint answer is the official one.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Debiec
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
This is why i gave up .. i'm selling my waw series, unit values change with each supplement, M2 bradley same defence value as BTR-60 realy?
Mi-24 attack choppers different values throughout the series.
Abrams M1 same armour as the leopard 1 (which was fixed later)
Over stimulated atgm i mean place one with HQ and se what i mean.
And to thnik there was so much promise. when i purchased Blood and Bridges i fell in love with the system and the map . talk about quality, it was amazing but now i'm done with it

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kev.
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
Read & Watch at www.bigboardgaming.com
whilst it is regreattable, mistakes like that should note make it thru the proofing, that for me does not ruin the game, nor some of the other objections.

I dont think this was ever supposed to be MBT or Assualt or any of the hardcore hyper realistic WWIII 'historical' So if the unit names dont match, or the ATGM system is flawed there you go. you could always buy Force Eagles War I hear nearly all of those are still in shrink. Now there is a WWIII game....I mean it is broken and sucks but it is 'realistic'

Are there the same issue in the WWII series - surely the fans there who like WWII would be railing against unit errors?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Schulte
United States
Washington
New Jersey
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Actually the T-80s with the 4-5 armor have been designated as the T-80BV in Into the Breach. What was the upgrade for the T-80BV compared to the vanilla T-80? Addition of ERA?

The error on the Leo 1 armor bugs me too, but I have learned to look past it. The game system is just too much fun.

All game systems have their quirks. I played Assault prior to WaW and I have to say that the tanks and missiles were like they had death rays. IMO that game is far too deadly, and much more so than WaW. OTOH, the artillery was practically worthless it was so underpowered.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kev.
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
Read & Watch at www.bigboardgaming.com
By the way Jeff I like the fact that the new it's scenarios have lot more arty in them. much much much better. Wether we like it or not she is the queen of the battlefield.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Brown
United States
Reading
MA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
BTW: The BV does mean some improvements to the base T-80 model along with the addition of reactive armor.....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Schulte
United States
Washington
New Jersey
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Kevin, I agree that the early scenarios really downplayed artillery. I tried to correct that in Into the Breach.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan "Spartan Spawn, Sworn, Raised for Warring!"
United States
Sellersburg
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
badge
"By the power of truth, I, while living, have conquered the universe."
mbmbmbmbmb
Thread necromancy I know but something like this doesnt bother me all that much. Considering its a Guards unit is easy to look at it either as they are better trained, or they have received upgraded armor add ons. (Reactive armor) Just me though, will probably still play them as printed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.