Popular Tags: [View All]
Chris Farrell
United States
Cupertino
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So, I set up and solitaired the first scenario. It seems like, as the Soviets, you just:

- Put the air unit & Blitz marker in Harbin
- Disengage the 4-4-2 tank in w5524 and move it to w5426
- Move your e5502 1FE HQ in range of Harbin

Then roll your 9:1 attack on Harbin and auto-win (6:1 odds with 1FE HQ support, +shift for Air, Armor, HQ, -shift for HQ, terrain). Since there are no supply rules, you don't need to deal with any of the frontier units, unless you want to for fun. You don't even need to do anything past your own blitz combat phase.

What am I missing?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Prowell
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
mb
You're not missing much, Chris -- it's an introductory training scenario for newbies. By design, it's meant to be an easily solvable puzzle to break, just like the Case White Poland training scenario in TK2. It's not a competitive exercise as such.

If you want to make it a little more challenging, add a requirement to kill, oh, eight Japanese steps and take Harbin. But really, we expect players to quickly learn the power of HQs and Air units, and the value of negating ZOCs, and move on to the other scenarios.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Farrell
United States
Cupertino
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
OK, thanks! I guess I just was a little surprised how little there was here, the Soviets only need to place two markers, move two units, and roll the die once.

As long as I've got you here, I'm not sure I understand the Soviet Force pool in this scenario: it's got 4 Soviet infantry units, reduced, that are identified as the flip sides of the 4 infantry units that are already on the map. I'm not quite sure what this means.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Prowell
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
mb
Oh,I see what you're talking about there. That's a mistake; one for the errata files. Replace those four units in the Force Pool with two 0-1-1 infantry units.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.