United States
Yonkers
New York
flag msg tools
\|/
badge
/|\
mbmbmbmbmb
It is probably just a neurosis of mine but the easiest was to ensure I don't buy a game is to make part of it unavailable. So while I have had the opportunity to play Tannhauser and enjoyed it, I will not buy it because FFG has no plans to reprint the Yula expansion. They have reprinted and made available every other item in the catalog but this one and I cant understand why.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Brannan
United States
Rockville
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
DropDeadCriminal wrote:
It is probably just a neurosis of mine but the easiest was to ensure I don't buy a game is to make part of it unavailable. So while I have had the opportunity to play Tannhauser and enjoyed it, I will not buy it because FFG has no plans to reprint the Yula expansion. They have reprinted and made available every other item in the catalog but this one and I cant understand why.

Plans change. I remember when they weren't going to reprint Wolf, either. Well, we all saw how long that lasted.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Corbett
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
They are pumping out so much new material for Tannhauser. It's just a matter of time before it comes back. I was annoyed that wolf wasn't available. Patience and get the pieces you can now.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel
Germany
Bremen
flag msg tools
Ash nazg durbatulûk
badge
#YOLO!
mbmbmbmbmb
Huh? Yula is by chance the only figure of the "old set" I don't own - but I do enjoy the game. It's not like "only this single expansion makes the game playable"...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Jensen
United States
Fredericksburg
VA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
They are not reprinting Yula?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Corbett
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
They probably will. I bet it's because their focus is on pumping out new material right now. A new faction and expansion is probably taking over the printers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean McDonald
United States
Yonkers
New York
flag msg tools
\|/
badge
/|\
mbmbmbmbmb
They have the mold so reprinting should be a fairly simple operation. Usually they have pending reprints up on the "Upcoming" list at least 6 months before they become available. This means even if they do reprint, it wont be available for 3 quarters at best. Of course by this time several other model will be out of stock.

I wish FFG would release "Catch Up" sets for things like these. I just purchased all of the Dust Tactics releases to date and I had to order from 3 different stores because no 1 had them all in stock. If they did some package for these continually expanding games that included the game, the first 1 or 2 major expansion, and the first 8-12 minor expansions, I'm sure they could get several new people in to these more established games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.