Popular Tags: [View All]
Michael Brown
United States
University
Mississippi
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So I understand that full cover, i.e. if Drone A is standing on one side of the cover and COG is on the other equals +2 for defender (either side if no one moves) and half cover, i.e. approaching from the side of a pawn grants +1 defense die (for covered pawn only). And measuring cover point to cover point, all that.

How about this?

What happens if a pawn is standing in cover and is approached/targeted from the open side of the cover-the back (not the side or front on)? Technically, there is no cover there. We had a player try to claim cover in this kind of situation, and it doesn't work for me from a logistics standpoint. He was wide open.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Kelly
United States
Richardson
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If the attack comes from the same space, cover does not count. Otherwise, (no matter what it looks like), partial cover = +1 red die.
TK
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
He still gets the +1 (partial) cover.

Think of the "cover" graphics as iconic, not as actual depictions of the cover.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc Guy

Snohomish
Washington
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mike_fantastic wrote:
We had a player try to claim cover in this kind of situation, and it doesn't work for me from a logistics standpoint. He was wide open.

If you want to think about it in a thematic way, when in cover, a COG soldier would be crouched, therefore providing a smaller target (+1 Defense instead of +2). It's not much, but it shows the COG has taken up a defensive posture.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Buchanan
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
I really like how cover works in this game. It's always bothered me in many mini's games how moving one millimeter past some line completely negates cover, as if every wall is completely smooth or that's there is no benefit to pressing yourself up against it. Moreover, there is just a great benefit to having half your FoV be safe from fire.

So be careful applying your own skewed sense of "logistics" on a game. In my humble opinion, this game is much more logical than many others on the market, at least in view of cover.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Smith
United States
Wichita
Kansas
flag msg tools
mike_fantastic wrote:
What happens if a pawn is standing in cover and is approached/targeted from the open side of the cover-the back (not the side or front on)? Technically, there is no cover there. We had a player try to claim cover in this kind of situation, and it doesn't work for me from a logistics standpoint. He was wide open.

I don't know if this'll help much, but the way I think of the cover circle or circles in an area is that particular part of the area that has a little more rubble or debris in it. So the model is amid the cover, and not so much on one side or another of a "wall."
Kevin

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.