Alex Bagosy
United States
Ladera Ranch
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

So, at Gateway, I got a mock up of the completed deck of cards (114 of them, plus two extra space fillers) from Patrick Stevens. They look pretty good. At the moment, I need to go through each card and do another check for typos, missing phrases, and missing cards. For the most part, nothing major to correct, with two minor notes thus far:

- No North Carolina on the Upper South Regional Polling Card. This err... could be an issue;)

- No Lower South Regional Polling Card.

Both are pretty workable issues, and are typical of the minor things one runs across when doing final editing on a publication. As an aside, I can guarantee that we'll miss something, no matter how many eyes look at it. I'm sure it'll be something fairly minor but somehow embarrassing...
("John Bell" becomes "John Beal" or something along those lines.) Overall, this is a fairly easy process, but it takes some time.

Other stuff in progress:

- Board artist has been signed. I am assured he is quite good. He is relatively new, and is working from Spain, but that's about all I know.

- Counters are in process, apparently. I was under the impression that we were going to use blocks/cubes, but the publisher informed me at Gateway that he is trying to come up with some different styles of counter for tracking votes. My personal thought is that blocks seem to be cleaner and work better, but with that many blocks, weight may become an issue. Certainly one problem I ran into with the prototype is that the cubes were three times the size advertised, not the smaller cubes I had hoped for, which does make a difference in terms of board space!

- Finally, on Boudicca's suggestion, Numbskull is going to try to get a prototype out to Essen this year. I don't know whether it'll happen, but I am supposed to be getting the cards corrected partly because of this. We shall see!

More news as soon as I have it,

Alex

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Carr
United States
Colorado Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Awesome! I'm excited to see all the cards!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cristian Cano
Spain
Sevilla
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sol Invictus wrote:

- Board artist has been signed. I am assured he is quite good. He is relatively new, and is working from Spain, but that's about all I know.

... and I'm the one who established the contact between Patrick Stevens and David Prieto(artist).

Also I'm the Numbskull's Spanish translator, I'll translate Divided Republic when the rules are final version (rules and cards) and I'm making all the effort that I can here in Spain to promote the game.

Let's hope the best for Divided Republic.

Good luck Alex.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.