Hide
12 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Game Groups » United States » West

Subject: Looking to start West Seattle based board game group rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Gene Lin
msg tools
I am interested in starting up a board game group based in West Seattle. Yes, I know there are multiple other Seattle groups but none that I know of based in West Seattle proper. Time of meeting and venue isn't established yet (venue may be coffee shop or library), if you are interested please indicate preferred times. This would primarily be a Euro game group but could also include a range of games from party games to Ameritrash. Please reply here or geekmail me if interested.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Hawaii
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Beveridge Place Pub is good. I would only show up from time to time though because I don't live in that area. I've seen groups of eurogamers there before.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gene Lin
msg tools
I've just set up a yahoo groups site for the group.

http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/wsgamers/

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Stever
United States
Bainbridge Island
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I host games at my place on Bainbridge once a month. It's a short swim and you're welcome to join us!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shawn Hendrix
United States
Burbank
California
flag msg tools
badge
Join us for gaming on Friday Nights in Burbank, CA www.FridayNightDice.com
mbmbmbmbmb
I have had a ton of success by branding my group www.FridayNightDice.com and using Meetup.com We had 34 our first meetup and just finished our 11th we average 40 people every week. Good luck to you!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Hawaii
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
dante21 wrote:
I've just set up a yahoo groups site for the group.

http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/wsgamers/

Joined.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Stephenson
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've been scouting out a few decent places to play in West Seattle as well. I know of a couple of private groups in Burien that might be willing to participate as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gene Lin
msg tools
Right now, I am thinking about the Uptown Expreso near the California/Alaska junction. Some advantages of this space:

Central West Seattle location near a lot of bus stops. A large parking lot, and also other free parking lots nearby. The space is larger than most coffee shops and also has larger tables than most coffee shops which can actually be lengthened if necessary. Typically not that busy.

Please let me know on the yahoo group if you have any other good ideas for sites.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
benjy m
United States
seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I work in the Admiral district and would love to attend depending on the day. I joined the yahoo group as well. Thanks for starting this up!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
aug_aug
United States
Mountlake Terrace
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Are there any north end groups? That might cover Everett down to Seattle?

I know of the metro gamers group (too far south), I'm not trying to hi-jack your thread just thought Seattle people might comment.

regarding potential locations - I've played at Beveridge before and if you love beer and gaming that place is fantastic...and they/the crowd were very receptive to us gaming.

Thanks
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gene Lin
msg tools
Ok the first meeting is:

Date: Sunday, September 25, 2011

4301 SW Edmunds St (California and Edmunds)

Start time: 1:00 PM. There is no set end time, but Uptown Expresso closes at 10 PM.

Transportation and parking: There is a parking lot in front of Uptown Expresso. Street parking as well as nearby free parking lots are available. Near multiple bus stops in the California/Alaska junction area.

I will be bringing around 15 games myself, but the more options we have the better so bring what you are interested in playing if you can. If possible, most of group should purchase at least a coffee as we are using their space.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gene Lin
msg tools
Thanks to all who attending the inaugural West Seattle gaming meetup. It was a definite success and I counted 18 people in total who showed up. I will post future meetups on BGG, but please try to join the Yahoo group also if you are interested as the group discussions take place there.

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/wsgamers

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.