Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Diego Whitetower
Spain
Málaga
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi,

We have a little question about mining. We suppose you need to take the troops (2 or 3) from the same planet. So, if you scored 2 points, you lose the planet, because you eliminate all objects over it.

¿It is correct?

Thank you!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Garry Rice
United States
Perkasie
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
yep...which also means the planet had to only have troops on it. debatable value especially in the last turn since it only nets 1 point...might as well as only do the 2 troop mining option...and if someone has the tech level that allows them to colonize any unoccupied planet, this can really come back to hurt you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marko Marenic
Croatia
Zagreb
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
garry_rice wrote:
yep...which also means the planet had to only have troops on it. debatable value especially in the last turn since it only nets 1 point...might as well as only do the 2 troop mining option...and if someone has the tech level that allows them to colonize any unoccupied planet, this can really come back to hurt you.

True, but you can use it to quickly deplete VP tokens pool and end the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marcel
Netherlands
Den haag
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
And off course it works great with brown tech 4

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tor Øksendal
Norway
Oslo
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Can you mine the home world?

We had a game where a player with brown tech mined and recruited three workers at his home world every second turn, scoring an average of one VP each turn. Not sure if we played it right.

EDIT: I found an answer to this question in another thread ("Is mining ever advantageous?") in the General forum. According to Dan Manfredini it's not allowed to mine home worlds, as they're not considered planets.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Aikens
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You are permitted to mine asteroids, though...is that right? I just played for the first time last night and that's how I heard the rules.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Cooper
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
You are permitted to mine asteroids, though...is that right? I just played for the first time last night and that's how I heard the rules.

Yes. You can mine asteroids.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.