Popular Tags: [View All]
Gerald Katz
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
IRS Start Turn/Novice

Takes Lucre From Other Players

You have the power to Tax. When you collect Lucre for income, use this power to take the allotted Lucre from the other players instead. You designate which player(s) must give you Lucre divided up among them as you wish. You may ask for more than a player has and he pays what he can, but if you do another player may pay the full amount for him. Any player who cannot pay the full amount requested or another player does not pay for him cannot use his power for the rest of your turn. You may use the power for the rest of your turn.

HISTORY: Nothing is certain except the warp and taxes. The IRS is diligent in collecting taxes owed. Woe to those who don't pay their fair share.

Use Only In Games With Lucre

FLARE

Launch
Wild: As defensive player, the offensive player must pay you 2 Lucre for each ship he puts on the cone. If the player has no Lucre he attacks with 0 ships.

Start Turn
Super: All other players must pay you the full amount of Lucre you are to collect. You may use the power of each player who cannot pay instead of them for your turn.
rest from the bank.

Commentary: This is a Lucre power from Jack Reda's website. The power is from the site. The History and Flare are mine. I made one change. Players did have the option of refusing to pay in the original version. I took away that option because if players continue to refuse to pay IRS, then the IRS player will eventually have no lucre and never get any which is a significant disadvantage that may be more harmful than the benefit of using a power, especially if other players have Lucre powers needing to be paid off. By making it mandatory, the IRS player then has the freedom to choose just to take the Lucre or force the gain of use of a power unless another player pays up. I also changed it so that if IRS is not paid, the player gets use of the power for his turn rather than one encounter.

I find this power to be a neat idea. I surmise the power was inspired by the IRS group card from the Illuminati game. This power is annoying.

Gerald Katz
Don't forget to tip the Butler!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mar hawkman
msg tools
For all have sinned and fallen short of the glory
mbmbmbmbmb
negating opposing powers by stealing all their lucre.... interesting. sounds good though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.