BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » Recommendations

Subject: Laugh game + beers rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Hype Buster
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi,

What game would you suggest that every game you play it you laugh? My group recently played King of Tokyo and every game we played was a pure pleasure and a lot of laugh.

What other game would you suggest?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kelly Bass
United States
Venice
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Time's Up! Title Recall! Probably the hardest I've ever laughed during a game.
Escape from the Hidden Castle Just a kid's game, but this gets a lot of laughs.
Pirate's Cove Seems to get a lot of shouts, yowls, & laughs.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clyde W
United States
Washington
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
Red Team
badge
#YOLO
mbmbmbmbmb
Cards Against Humanity, easily.

Also, if you're actually drinking beer, The Red Dragon Inn and its sequels are games that actually feature drinking beer in them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Shillinglaw
Canada
Kitchener
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Things... goes well with beer (and other types of alcohol). However, be warned. This game can become VERY...."adult" in the answers.

Very, very adult.

But it made me laugh my ass off!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Elizabeth
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I agree with Time's Up! Title Recall! It is also the hardest I have ever laughed at a game. It leaves you with very memorable funny moments and group inside jokes, too.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jflartner
United States
Conshohocken
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wits and Wagers

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United Kingdom
Oxford
Oxon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
RoboRally perhaps?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geoff King
United States
Annandale
Virginia
flag msg tools
I know most people say it's not much of a game, but Apples to Apples is good for some laughs.

I haven't played Telestrations or Eat Poop You Cat but I'm sure they would do the trick.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim
United States
San Antonio
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I dunno. I try to laugh no matter what I'm playing. I laughed my fool head off during a 6 hour "short" game of Here I Stand earlier this week. Come on, what's not funny about the Papacy raising an Army against France?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Off The Shelf Board Game Reviews
United States
Anchorage
Alaska
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Survive: Escape From Atlantis

Dungeonquest 3rd edition

Munchkin

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geoff King
United States
Annandale
Virginia
flag msg tools
Cutthroat Caverns
The Red Dragon Inn
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Bird
Australia
CURRAMBINE
W.A.
flag msg tools
14,100+ Profile Views and counting!
badge
Want Geekgold? Visit my profile!
mbmbmbmbmb
Zombie Dice
Cthulhu Dice
Zombie in my Pocket

Gloom in particular is certainly perfect for a good laugh and can bring up a few interesting conversations too
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Hendricks
United States
San Antonio
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Definitely Telestrations; unending laughs from that one. It also has more spill-resistant dry erase boards for play.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
G S
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Unnamed Object and Galaxy Trucker are the other games I have that haven't been mentioned yet.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob D
United States
Largo
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Laughing and drinking? A couple options come to mind:

Tales of the Arabian Nights - What could be more funny than watching your friends get turned into a sex-changed, insane, beast formed freak? Or laughing at yourself when it happens to you?

Red Dragon Inn - This game is pretty much made for drinking beer and laughing at people. Hell...one of the ways to win is to get your opponent so drunk that they can't stand. There are also two extensions to the game for even more variety.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Lane
Canada
Victoria
BC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
laughing and drinking?

+1 Galaxy Trucker
+1 Tales of the Arabian Nights
+1 Apples to Apples

Also, Catch Phrase! gets pulled out when we're up at the lake after we've had a few, as does Cranium WOW. They go over pretty well with the non-gamers that compose my family (as well as TotAN and A2A).

With my gaming group, just about anything light with screwage produces laughter. Excape we were forced to stop playing at lunch, Cosmic Encounter also always produces laughs, as does BANG! The Bullet! on the occasions it comes out (5 players is about our minimum). Munchkin worked well for a few months, but has since run its course and sits largely unloved and forgotten on the shelf. I could add King of Tokyo to this list too, but that's kind of where you're starting.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grace P.
United States
Turlock
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
budsticky wrote:
Tales of the Arabian Nights - What could be more funny than watching your friends get turned into a sex-changed, insane, beast formed freak? Or laughing at yourself when it happens to you?

TotAN is a great game for remembering silly and ridiculous things that happened to you. It generates a lot of laughs in game as well as afterward.

Dixit is also good for some laughs, depending on the kind of people you're playing with. If they're willing to just go all out and be creative, Dixit is great for "What were you thinking with THAT clue and what made you think of it?!" I think it fits what you're looking for rather well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wesley Kinslow
United States
Piperton
Tennessee
flag msg tools
↳ Do one brain damage ↳ Do one brain damage ↳ End the run
badge
Real heroes wear pink.
mb
Skull?

It even doubles as coasters.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Johannes Sjolte
Denmark
Copenhagen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Wiz-War is the game that you are looking for. It can be hard to find because it's out of print, but Fantasy Flight Games bought the licence and will be releasing an new redone version of Wiz-War in a month or two.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Malbon
United States
Santa Cruz
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
generalpotato wrote:
Hi,

What game would you suggest that every game you play it you laugh? My group recently played King of Tokyo and every game we played was a pure pleasure and a lot of laugh.

What other game would you suggest?

Reading your title I was going to suggest King of Tokyo.laugh

Family Business is a decent one for laughs. I recalled playing it with groups for good laughs. Bring out your best mob movie quotes and slaughter each other. It is an offer you cannot refuse.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hoyle A
United States
fiskdale
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Say Anything, Time's Up, Eat Poop You Cat, Galaxy Trucker

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shawn Stasko
United States
Delmont
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
For my money, without a doubt it's Betrayal at House on the Hill. The combination of narrative and lucky (or unlucky) roles has always left us in tears laughing. A few brews only improves the situation!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leo Zappa
United States
Aliquippa
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Case Blue

No, really.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marty Devine
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The one game that has made me laugh more than any others while playing with drinking friends is Crokinole, hands down. Crying, couldn't breathe, falling out of your chair, sore stomach the next morning type of laughing.

Good times, man. Good times.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bwian, just
United States
Longmont
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Unspeakable Words has worked for me. Make sure to use the "gibberish" rules once you're down to 1 sanity, and make people try to pronounce it...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.