Millsboro
Delaware
flag msg tools
designer
People are...
badge
SPOCKED!!
mbmbmbmbmb
I thought I remember a card that resets your plot deck. Is there such a thing or am I imagining things?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Rice
United States
LIHUE
HI
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Grand Maester Pycelle Unique Gold (3) STR (2) Intrigue Power
[Lannister Character]
Ally. Maester.

Limited Response: After Grand Maester Pycelle is killed in the challenge phase, return all of your used plots to your plot deck. (Limit 1 Limited Response per round.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Kudzma
United States
Millsboro
Delaware
flag msg tools
designer
People are...
badge
SPOCKED!!
mbmbmbmbmb
andy.rice@att.net wrote:
Grand Maester Pycelle Unique Gold (3) STR (2) Intrigue Power
[Lannister Character]
Ally. Maester.

Limited Response: After Grand Maester Pycelle is killed in the challenge phase, return all of your used plots to your plot deck. (Limit 1 Limited Response per round.)

Thank you VERY MUCH. It's for a Lannister deck so it's twice as good as I thought it was.

I've only been playing for 6 months and I've seen deck lists with Pycelle and now I know why; and I especially know why At the Gates was neutered.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Kudzma
United States
Millsboro
Delaware
flag msg tools
designer
People are...
badge
SPOCKED!!
mbmbmbmbmb
Any easy way to kill him during the challenge phase?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Ach
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
locusshifter wrote:

Not really. In fact, he'll probably just get killed by Targ with Flame-Kissed or Martell with Venomous Blade outside of the the Challenges phase.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max Fightmaster
United Kingdom
London
London
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
locusshifter wrote:
I've only been playing for 6 months and I've seen deck lists with Pycelle and now I know why; and I especially know why At the Gates was neutered.

Actually, it was Core Set Pycelle that caused all of the ruckus with AtTheGates a few months ago.

The problem was that everybody was running him out of house, fetching him on turn one with AtGates, then putting three cards straight into their hand by triggering his effect three times (responding to the revealing of all of the other Pycelles at the table and creating an infinite loop that only ended when the 'three per phase' limit kicked it). If you didn't do that as an opener, then you were three cards behind everybody else at the table (who all immediately used the loop to grab three more cards whenever another card was revealed from anywhere). It was all just a bit silly.

To prevent that kind of thing, both AtGates and Core Pycelle have now been nerfed with FAQ errata. AtGates can't fetch out of house Maesters any more, and Pycelle's trigger doesn't respond to other Pycelles (to stop the stupid loop from happening in Lannister matchups, I guess).

Anyway, long story short, while the plot-shuffler Pycelle is a fairly good card (in my opinion) he's not really regarded as particularly busted and I don't think that he's ever seen much serious tournament play (especially in the recent AtGates era).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max Fightmaster
United Kingdom
London
London
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
locusshifter wrote:

Let military challenges through (putting up only token resistance), choose Pycelle for claim, then play volleys of 'Parting Blow' and 'A Lannister Pays his Debts' in response.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.