Subject: New board rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Guillaume Gleize
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello,

I printed a new board on a strange but efficient thing: a waterproof tablecloth made of oilcloth:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

You can see it closer here:

The point is to print the hexes at the good size ... mine are a little too wide (57mm unstead of 55mm). Anyway it's ok:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guillaume Gleize
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The file I used: http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/143/hggyr.jpg/
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tanks Alot
United States
Fort Mill
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
go2 Youtube Historical Gaming
mbmbmbmbmb
Very cool! Would be a good replacement for my board that splt the 3rd time I used it!

Tanks Alot
http://www.facebook.com/HistoricalBoardGames

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ad1642
Canada
Montréal
Québec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I got the split surprise this week-end. looking for alternatives too, because I don't like the fold line versus the section line ambiguity. I always get both mixed up during games.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Miguel (working on TENNISmind...)
France
Caen
(from Valencia, Spain)
flag msg tools
designer
My latest game: Big*Bang, a simple abstract about the first minutes of the Universe
badge
My best-rated game: Tetrarchia, about the tetrarchy that saved Rome
mbmbmbmbmb
Guillaume, where/how did you do it?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim bo
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Very nice work.

A brief step by step guide would be most appreciated for those of us that are thinking of following your lead.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Duke
United States
Wynne
Arkansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Reminder if your board split. GMT is aware there was a production problem. If you'll contact them, they'll make this right.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guillaume Gleize
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the words.

To be said: my original GMT board didn’t already cut and I have nothing to “complain” from them (but only to thank them for editing such a great game). I only did print that new one for the following reasons: I had the feeling that the board could actually cut sooner or later, I wanted to erase the name of the game from the middle of the battlefield and, more important, I wanted the dotted lines to be more visible.

Someone asked me the way I did it, well I actually didn’t do a lot:

1) I found somewhere online a website to create hex boards. Sorry if I don’t remember the name of this site but if you like my board, just use the link I posted.

2) I changed the colors and sizes via a free simple program named here “photofiltre”. Same thing: you don’t need it if you like my board or you can use any other program to modify it.

PRINTING
In my town there are a lot of printers (maybe because of numerous universities: the student need to print a lot of docs!). One of them can print special orders on large or special materials. I brought them my board on an USB key and ordered it. THE DIFFICULTY WAS: to translate from a computer to the imprinter the SIZE and the COLOR of the hexes.

3) The size. They first told me that the result of printing directly this fill would be a board of something like 1 foot on 2 (too little). My fill can stand bigger real size so I just asked them to have a result of hexes of 5.7cm (2.24 inches). It was bigger than the real size of 5.5cm (2.16 inches). I wanted a margin in case of error and too big was less a problem than too small (witch couldn’t receive the lands). But I regret it a little: you can see on my 3rd picture the hexes being a little too wild. I recommend you to ask for 2.2 inches hexes (5.6cm). Or even shorter if you are very confident in the company.

4) The color. It’s quite difficult to know what’s going to become a color seen on your computer screen when printed in real. As you can see on the pictures, my green is still too green and needed to be more light & yellow. But this is quite OK for me and even on the original board, the lands used to have a base color slightly different from the board itself.

5) OOOPS: the price. I should have started with that: very expensive. Don’t ask me it’s a shame. But when I love a game I do not count. I was not joking when I said that I would have bought the base game together with all the expansions if Mr. Borg would have edited them at once and together the very first day!

GG
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tanks Alot
United States
Fort Mill
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
go2 Youtube Historical Gaming
mbmbmbmbmb
kduke wrote:
Reminder if your board split. GMT is aware there was a production problem. If you'll contact them, they'll make this right.

I emailed them and got no response. Maybe î should try again

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Duke
United States
Georgetown
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, you should.

Or use the live chat feature from their web site, when they are online. Works like a charm.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
dustin boggs
Canada
Victoria
BC
flag msg tools
these are my overtexts and
badge
now I am without geek gold :(
mbmbmbmbmb
I just did myself and it sounds like they had a new run of boards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.