Popular Tags: [View All]
William Bekking
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
Hi all,

I know there is a discard pile for the train cards, but is there also a discard pile for the destination cards? or when you take three and return 2, say, do they go back in the draw pile

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Travis Hall
Australia
Brisbane
Queensland
flag msg tools
Discarded destination tickets go back to the bottom of the deck, without anybody getting to see them except the person who drew them. This means that they remain available for somebody else to draw, should you get right through the deck.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Smiles
United States
Dedham
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
admin
The ratio of people to cake is too big.
badge
Excuse me, I believe you have my stapler...
mbmbmbmbmb
I've seen a number of games where the ticket deck has been run through. I've even returned the same ticket to the bottom of the deck more than once.

It's certainly not a common occurance, but it's not unusual either. It depends on the play-style of the group.

If a couple of players are taking lots of tickets, you have one of two options to counter their move. 1) Try and end the game as quickly as possible, hoping to catch them with unfinished tickets. 2) Draw more tickets yourself, hoping to get more points in tickets than your opponents do. When multiple people opt for option 2, you can see the ticket deck gone through more than once, and every once in a while, multiple times.

Of course, this comes from playing the game 250-300 times.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.