Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dave Serrette
United States
Lafayette
Louisiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I found this place a few days/a week ago and since I had time today, I figured I'd go through it, and look at some stuff. About all I have to say at this point is wow. I am completely overwhelmed with the vast amount of information on here.

On top of all that, it makes me feel better about myself. I've loved games ever since I was a little kid. It's a secret dream of mine to become a game designer. I catch a lot of flack from my family and friends (most in jest) about my hobby. It's good to know that I'm not the only "grown up" (I'm only 18) that loves playing games. So thank you all, very much, for that.

I plan on coming back here very often, and becoming as active as my time will allow. This seems like a great place to be.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Pieters
Canada
Waterloo
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Welcome! I stumbled here almost 20 months ago, and I check it daily, if possible.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Pennisi
United States
Carpentersville
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I just want to know how you became a grandpa at 18. Are you from Arkansas?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mary Weisbeck
United States
Black Hawk
South Dakota
flag msg tools
"Blow up the damned ship, Jean-Luc!"
mbmbmbmbmb
Welcome to the Geek, Dave. You are NOT alone. There are gamers here of all ages and we're all crazy about games.

Now about that user name...laugh

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Serrette
United States
Lafayette
Louisiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
How did I become a grandpa. Well, that's a very interesting story. I spent a lot of time with my grandpa when I was little, and he really rubbed off on me, morally and fashionably. I was at a party about two years ago, sitting at the table, doing a crossword puzzle, smoking a pipe, wearing my blue ivy cap, horn rimmed glasses, and cardigan. A friend of mine comes up to me and sits on my lap talking about how I remind him of his grandpa. The rest, as they say, is history. Now, all my friends refer to me as Grandpa.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Pennisi
United States
Carpentersville
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
GrandpaDave wrote:
How did I become a grandpa. Well, that's a very interesting story. I spent a lot of time with my grandpa when I was little, and he really rubbed off on me, morally and fashionably. I was at a party about two years ago, sitting at the table, doing a crossword puzzle, smoking a pipe, wearing my blue ivy cap, horn rimmed glasses, and cardigan. A friend of mine comes up to me and sits on my lap talking about how I remind him of his grandpa. The rest, as they say, is history. Now, all my friends refer to me as Grandpa.

Well you'll never get on Jerry Springer with a story like that.

Welcome to BGG. If you had any disposable income before you registered, we'll take of that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Serrette
United States
Lafayette
Louisiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
fizzix wrote:

Welcome to BGG. If you had any disposable income before you registered, we'll take of that.

I would, only I'm a poor college student.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Travis Easton
United States
Casey
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
yes, a definite welcome. It's been about a year and a half or more since I stumbled upon this, and it's turned my life around. I was going to start up a group to play some games, and happened upon this. It's turned my life (and wallet) upside down.

I lurk a lot more than I post, but I've started becoming a lot more active. I'll never get the same publicity as a Tom Vasel, or even a Grog, but I'm doing my part.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Alden
United States
Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
admin
badge
Aldie's Full of Love!
mb
Glad yer all here! Welcome!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Don Beyer
United States
Northville
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
GrandpaDave wrote:
It's a secret dream of mine to become a game designer. I catch a lot of flack from my family and friends (most in jest) about my hobby.

Don't listen to them - where do you think game designers come from? Best of luck and welcome.

Don

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Serrette
United States
Lafayette
Louisiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
angelotti wrote:

Don't listen to them - where do you think game designers come from? Best of luck and welcome.

Don

Oh yeah. I know. It's just joking around most of the time. I think that board games have the potential to become a major staple in popular entertainment once again, and it's my plan to be one of the people that makes that happen.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Olson
United States
Auburn
Kansas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
angelotti wrote:

Don

I thought game designers are from Mars, and game players are from Venus...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Don Beyer
United States
Northville
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Yollege wrote:
angelotti wrote:

Don

I thought game designers are from Mars...

You know... you may be right.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ɹǝsɐɹɟ
Australia
Melbourne
flag msg tools
admin
designer
Back in the days when there were less maps we played every map back to back
badge
Ooh a little higher, now a bit to the left, a little more, a little more, just a bit more. Oooh yes, that's the spot!
mbmbmbmbmb
GrandpaDave wrote:
I found this place a few days/a week ago and since I had time today, I figured I'd go through it, and look at some stuff. About all I have to say at this point is wow. I am completely overwhelmed with the vast amount of information on here.

Almost two years for me and I am still finding stuff meeple

Enjoy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Powers
United States
Spokane Valley
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
The first step to fixing the problem is admitting you have one.

Of course *I* don't have a problem, but everyone else here does!

Tom

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben .
United Kingdom
Unspecified
Surrey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
...and the great thing is you can stop any time you like. It's not like it's an addiction, is it. It's just willpower. I could stop. I could. I could. You know - if I wanted to.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Sommer
Denmark
copenhagen downtown
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
well welcome aboard shipmate!!!

Arghhhhh
arrrh

Tis many a geek that has set sail upon the sea of boardgames ,but beware the reefs of avalon hill and the storms od divorce that can destroy the finest 80 game collection laddie !!

"Mad ? well they said crippin was mad !! "
"but he was ."
"well there you are!"

shake

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom "Snicker Daddy" Pancoast
United States
Henrico
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
TiNYTimIDFluffYBunnY wrote:
...beware the reefs of avalon hill and the storms od divorce that can destroy the finest 80 game collection laddie !!

Divorce is just part of the circle of game life.

Game gets bought -> Game gets played -> Game gets played *alot* -> Divorce -> Game gets donated by vengeful Ex -> Game gets bought

See?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jesse Miller
United States
Gettysburg
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
Punk Rock Warlord
mbmbmbmbmb
Divorce? You guys didn't cover all that stuff in the pre-nup? Come on now. I get all the game, she gets all the art. Seems fair to me. goo

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MK
United States
Coshocton
OH
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Welcome Dave! Always happy to have new members join the community.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Robinson
England
Bewdley
Confusion
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Welcome! Welcome! The more the merrier, etc. etc.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter R.
Italy
Bozen
Italy
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Welcome Dave!
This is my most visited website since I have found it!
I think it may also become YOUR most visited website!
devil

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.