Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
除名山 蔵芽戸
Japan
Sendai
Miyagi
flag msg tools
badge
My wife has a ton of these things from when she was a high school student in Japan and we would like to get them into MP3s. Her MD player broke today. I was wondering if someone out there has one that we could borrow. I could pay pal money to have you ship it here and ship it back when we are done!

I know it is a shot in the dark...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leesa
United States
louisville
ky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
KSensei wrote:
My wife has a ton of these things from when she was a high school student in Japan and we would like to get them into MP3s. Her MD player broke today. I was wondering if someone out there has one that we could borrow. I could pay pal money to have you ship it here and ship it back when we are done!

I know it is a shot in the dark...

too bad my ex took his! we also bought his while we lived in Japan for 7yrs
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Bellevue
NE
flag msg tools
badge
mb
My better half has one I know she doesn't use anymore. I'll ask her when she returns in a few minutes. She's out running an errand, but I don't see why she'd have a problem parting with it.

I don't think they have much of a value anymore, so I'll see if she intends on ever using it again. If not, you don't even have to worry about returning it. I don't think she'd want anything beyond what it would cost to ship, but again, I'll find out for sure in a bit.

When do you need it by?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
除名山 蔵芽戸
Japan
Sendai
Miyagi
flag msg tools
badge
We are in no rush. Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Bellevue
NE
flag msg tools
badge
mb
She's back and says no problem. Cover shipping and it's yours. USPS Small Flat Rate Priority runs $5. That sound okay, or do you want another service or method?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Bellevue
NE
flag msg tools
badge
mb
KSensei wrote:
We are in no rush. Thanks!

Geekmail sent.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
SAKURA in KYOTO 2018 Back to Kansai
England
York
North Yorkshire
flag msg tools
admin
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Maaan, I could have got rid of sent you mine. zombie
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rich P
United Kingdom
Sheffield
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
I didn't know what to do with my UberBadge, so I left it as a GeekBadge.
badge
Planning...
mbmbmbmbmb
I thought $5 postage for a minidisc player sounded like a bargain, but then I realised you must be talking about a portable one. I have a stupidly large minidisc system which I haven't used in about 10 years. I dread to think what the postage to the US would be for it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Wheelock
Canada
Woodstock
New Brunswick
flag msg tools
badge
David Malki drew this!
mbmbmbmbmb
If Brian's player doesn't work out, you could try a local DJ. I met one a while back, and he said they were popular with DJs. They might have an unused MD deck in storage or something.

Mine was stolen out of my car six years ago ("What a score, guys! We just hit the audio-equivalent-of Betamax jackpot!") otherwise you could have it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Bellevue
NE
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Personally, I wish they had caught on over here in the States, but alas...no such luck. CDs became cheaper, but they were prone to scratches and skipping. The minidisc's cartridge, which was similar to a 3.5" floppy's, protected the media on it, and was in the end more cost efficient than CDs. That is, up until mp3s and their players were discovered by the public.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MiniDisc
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.