3 Posts

Warhammer: Invasion» Forums » Rules

Subject: The Term "Discard/Discarding" rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Christopher Gutierrez
msg tools
Hey Everyone,

Another quick question: What exactly counts as "discarding a card" and "discarding a card from the hand"?
Seems silly, but I just want to get it right.

Thanks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
C M
Germany
flag msg tools
Move along, move along...
mbmbmbmbmb
As far as I understand, cards can only be discarded (i.e. moved to the discard pile) from another 'out of play area', i.e. either your hand or your deck. You cannot discard a card that is 'in play' already, these would have to be destroyed or sacrificed to go to the discard pile.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Elijah Snow
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Tako is correct. Quite simply, only effects that say "discard" in the original English card text are discard effects (or have it in their description, like the Scout keyword). Take the cards as written. Scout tells you to "discard a card at random from an opponent's hand if ...", Caught the Scent to "choose and discard one", Frenzied Witch Elf to "discard the top 2 cards of target player's deck", etc. If it doesn't say discard, it isn't a discard effect - Beastlord Rakarth, for example. As for cards that benefit from discards, again just look at their wording. Sorceress Convent looks for "when an opponent discards one or more cards from his hand", so its trigger can be met by Caught the Scent, but not by Frenzied Witch Elf.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.