Popular Tags: broken_offsite_images [+] [View All]
Steve Carey
United States
West Coast
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
One of the most useful cards in HERO OF WEEHAWKEN is:

Not only do you receive 2 Prestige Points, the ability to change one die roll to any result you choose is remarkably useful, and can be a game-saver.

For example, it can stop the Plan from launching or can save your case at Trial, or even prevent Burr from being killed during an encounter or Wilkinson being indicted (either is very bad if you hold multiple Wilkinson Conspirator cards).

Be wary though that the card - if held alone in your hand - can be vulnerable to another President Jefferson card (the yellow ones), Slave Trade Abolition. This card's effect is to immediately discard one President Jefferson card without effect.

So, if you do manage to acquire Tax Reductions, attempt to protect it with another President Jefferson card and always try to use it wisely - the game, and thus your reputation in history, may depend on it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew S. Fischer
United States
Devon
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
I haven't played a solitaire game in at least 20 years, but I can hardly wait for this one to arrive!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marco Arnaudo
United States
Bloomington
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
badge
"My spoon is too big!"
mbmbmbmbmb
the first time I played the game I underestimated the importance of Tax Reductions and I played it to correct a search attempt... blush

second game, this was the first Jefferson card I got, and the NEXT card that I drew was the Slave Trade Abolition... angry
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pericles Boutos
Greece
Athens
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It saved a total catastrophe for me tonight! So, thanks for putting it there!

Brilliant game! Best non-SoS solitaire, IMO.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
michael confoy
United States
ASHBURN
VA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I considered myself a hero of Weeehawken when I could sneak into Hoboken through Union City into south Weehawken on Fridays and avoid the backup into the Lincoln tunnel.arrrh

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.