Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Roger Morley
United Kingdom
Hastings
East Sussex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I bought this game last month, and finally sat down to play it, but I noticed when I was on the VPG website, it states it comes with a 2 page scenario sheet, yet mine did not. The rules do not even mention anything about this scenario sheet.
Is it a mistake on the website and it does not exist, or does it exist and they have forgotten to include it? Or is it part of the instructions under the "operations" section?
If it does exist, does anyone have a copy I can have?
Cheers

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steffan O'Sullivan
United States
Plymouth
NH
flag msg tools
"To be honorable and just is our only defense against men without honor or justice." -Diogenes of Sinope
badge
"No one ever influenced Tolkien - you might as well try to influence a bandersnatch." -C.S. Lewis
mbmbmbmbmb
Why not contact them at their website? They're excellent at customer support.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roger Morley
United Kingdom
Hastings
East Sussex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I did, still waiting for a reply. Hopefully they will get back to me soon

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Taylor
United States
Lake Forest
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There is no separate 2-page sheet. All scenarios are listed in 12.0 Operations in the rulebook.

There was going to be a 6-page rulebook and a 2-page scenario sheet at one point, but that was changed just before print. The website must not have been updated.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roger Morley
United Kingdom
Hastings
East Sussex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the answer Chris. Alan Emrich emailed me and said it was an error on the website, and is as you say, they are now listed as "Operations".
By the way, I bought Nemo's War last year and it is brilliant, and a terrific idea for a game, turning an old book into a game. maybe the next one could be War of the Worlds by HG Wells!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wulf Corbett
Scotland
Shotts
Lanarkshire
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
The real problem with the original story of War of the Worlds, as a complete campaign, is the ending. The players really have no part in it other than to crawl from the ruins & rejoice. On a tactical scale, you could have a battle, that's been done in The War of the Worlds. But as a campaign game in the style of Nemo's War your goal would have to be merely survival and hiding in the sewers - which might make a decent game, but an odd one.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roger Morley
United Kingdom
Hastings
East Sussex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My suggestion of War of the Worlds is not the best as far as a tactical game, but I did think of it more along the lines of a survival/strategy game, like Disaster on Everest.

But generally, I liked the idea of turning old adventure books into a creditable game, or wargames based around battles or campaigns which have not been covered very often. One example is Slouch Hats and Eggshells by Legion Games (which I have pre-ordered) which re-creates the campaign fought in French held Syria and Lebanon during 1941.

Either way, if any designers are reading this, it could ignite some ideas.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Taylor
United States
Lake Forest
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have a strategic level solitaire game of War of the Worlds in development. It's a change from the perspective of the novel, but works well to show the overall chaos of the events and the effect on the government. The ending is randomized, so it's not exactly the end of the book.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roger Morley
United Kingdom
Hastings
East Sussex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
anarchy wrote:
I have a strategic level solitaire game of War of the Worlds in development. It's a change from the perspective of the novel, but works well to show the overall chaos of the events and the effect on the government. The ending is randomized, so it's not exactly the end of the book.

That sounds really good, and I hope you run it through to completion, as I would certainly be interested in buying it. I also like solitaire games, as where I live there does not seem to be anyone else into these game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.