Recommend
7 
 Thumb up
 Hide
14 Posts

A Few Acres of Snow» Forums » News

Subject: U.S. Release Annonced -- A Few Acres of Snow rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
CLS Games -- Atlanta's Board Game Warehouse
United States
Kennesaw
Georgia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Greetings Friends and Fellow Martin Wallace Fans,

A Few Acres of Snow will be shipping to retailers around the end of September. If this game follows the pattern set by Age of Industry last year, it is likely to sell out at Mayfair before it even ships from them. Let the madness begin!

 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Nathan
United States
Cincinnati
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: U.S. Release Date Annonced -- A Few Acres of Snow
I don't get it.

The header was "U.S. Release Date Announced" - but this seems to be a thread stating which month it is expected to ship to retailers.

"U.S. Release Date Announced" implies information on the day I can walk to my FLGS with cash in my grubby hand that I can exchange for a physical copy.

 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
CLS Games -- Atlanta's Board Game Warehouse
United States
Kennesaw
Georgia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
xitoliv wrote:
"U.S. Release Date Announced" implies information on the day I can walk to my FLGS with cash in my grubby hand that I can exchange for a physical copy.


Header edited.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Temple
United States
Lynnwood
Washington
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, since it varies a lot from retailer to retailer and there is no universal date that it'll be available at all retailers, I found the title pretty self-explanatory.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wink
United States
Eagleville
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Basiliv wrote:
Well, since it varies a lot from retailer to retailer and there is no universal date that it'll be available at all retailers, I found the title pretty self-explanatory.

And as a gamer who eagerly wants a copy, I appreciate the post!
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Don Brandt
United States
Manchester
Tennessee
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Is the US release going to be different than the Treefrog version, no signature, numbering, less components, etc?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Temple
United States
Lynnwood
Washington
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
http://boardgamegeek.com/article/7371989#7371989
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ove Ahlman
Sweden
Uppsala
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
done111 wrote:
Is the US release going to be different than the Treefrog version, no signature, numbering, less components, etc?

The signed copies with numberings were only the 900 copies of limited edition sold in preorder from the treefrog website (100 copies for essen left). As the link sais the ones sold currently on the treefrog website (standard edition) and the mayfair copies are identical.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geoffrey Ulman
United States
Reston
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Is there a firmer date yet regarding when we can expect to see this available from the usual suspects OLGS?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Harrison
United States
Fisher
Illinois
flag msg tools
So long ...
badge
... and thanks for all the fish.
Avatar
mb
ulmangt wrote:
Is there a firmer date yet regarding when we can expect to see this available from the usual suspects OLGS?

Already available. See here.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Corbett
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I thought it was pre order only. I don't think it's available till at least october.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geoffrey Ulman
United States
Reston
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb

Yeah as far as I can tell it's not actually available anywhere yet. The stores you pointed to are taking pre-orders. I was wondering if there was a firmer date regarding when those pre-orders will be filled.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Harrison
United States
Fisher
Illinois
flag msg tools
So long ...
badge
... and thanks for all the fish.
Avatar
mb
ulmangt wrote:

Yeah as far as I can tell it's not actually available anywhere yet. The stores you pointed to are taking pre-orders. I was wondering if there was a firmer date regarding when those pre-orders will be filled.

Ah, sorry. Haven't heard.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clyde W
United States
Washington
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
Red Team
badge
#YOLO
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Amazon says Sept 28.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.