Recommend
13 
 Thumb up
 Hide
36 Posts
1 , 2  Next »   | 

Rallyman» Forums » General

Subject: new edition rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Rick Teverbaugh
United States
Anderson
Indiana (IN)
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My understanding is that, in addition to Dirt, the base game will have a new edition releasing next month. Anyone know what is changed, if anything, in the new edition?
3 
 Thumb up
0.02
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jean-Christophe Bouvier
France
Saint-Didier en Velay
Auvergne
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
the Sisu card ....


5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ketigid ketigid
Singapore
Singapore
Singapore
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jcbouvier wrote:
the Sisu card ....


Nice! But what is a Sisu card?
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jean-Christophe Bouvier
France
Saint-Didier en Velay
Auvergne
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
“Sisu” is a Finnish word to describe the fighting spirit of a Finnish driver.
Each player has a Sisu card he can play once per rally to cancel a loss of control. Discard the Sisu card and make your move without taking into account XXX symbols.

The Sisu card cannot be used to cancel a loss of control caused by approaching a turn too quickly.



All explanations about new Rallyman edition will come soon : too much work for the moment (finish the rules of Rallyman and Dirt, order the component, control them, pay the invoices



13 
 Thumb up
0.02
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cameron Chien
United States
Rancho Cucamonga
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Will owners of Rallyman be able to purchase just the Dirt expansion?

Cameron
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
CycyX
France
Magny en Vexin
Val d'Oise
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Of course, it's an expansion, not a full game.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Nors Jensen
Denmark
Kokkedal
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Will owners of the original game be able to get the Sisu card?
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jean-Christophe Bouvier
France
Saint-Didier en Velay
Auvergne
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Nors wrote:
Will owners of the original game be able to get the Sisu card?

Yes I offer the SISU cards against cost of the stamp ! French owners can directly send me a stamped envelope.
I'll put this article in the rallyman store soon.

And Dirt is compatible with all versiosn of Rallyman, You didn't need the new one.

enjoy you rallies,

jcb
11 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Clegg
United States
San Carlos
California
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I just ordered a copy of 3rd edition last week... Hopefully you'll post the rules changes for the new edition! If the only difference is the Sisu card, I can live with that.

...Paul

2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jean-Christophe Bouvier
France
Saint-Didier en Velay
Auvergne
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
CryoMax wrote:
I just ordered a copy of 3rd edition last week... Hopefully you'll post the rules changes for the new edition! If the only difference is the Sisu card, I can live with that.

...Paul



The 3rd edition is a luxus one with plastic tray and plastic markers. I love it.It's the edition which made Rallyman popular beyond France.

For Sisu card you'll be able to order them in few weeks for 1$ with the shipment !

Enjoy your Rallies,

jcb
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luke Stirling
Norway
Trondheim
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
jcbouvier wrote:
For Sisu card you'll be able to order them in few weeks for 1$ with the shipment !

Will this be available for a while? I've been thinking of picking up a copy, and it's unlikely that a new edition will be available around my neck of the woods for a few months, if past history is anything to go by.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jean-Christophe Bouvier
France
Saint-Didier en Velay
Auvergne
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
paralipsis wrote:
jcbouvier wrote:
For Sisu card you'll be able to order them in few weeks for 1$ with the shipment !

Will this be available for a while? I've been thinking of picking up a copy, and it's unlikely that a new edition will be available around my neck of the woods for a few months, if past history is anything to go by.


Don't worry I have 14000 Sisu cards ... I think I'll have some of them during a long time ! I keep 4 for you !
9 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Clegg
United States
San Carlos
California
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Mikko Hirvonen and Jari-Matti Latvala could use some extra, I hear...

...Paul

1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jean-Christophe Bouvier
France
Saint-Didier en Velay
Auvergne
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
CryoMax wrote:
Mikko Hirvonen and Jari-Matti Latvala could use some extra, I hear...

...Paul



They use the Sisu card this week-end ! http://www.foxsports.com.au/motor-sports/mikko-hirvonen-bene...
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Agung
Indonesia
Tangerang Selatan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi JC,

Do you have plan to put SISU card inside Dirt instead of inside the basic game?

Agung
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Nors Jensen
Denmark
Kokkedal
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
w_madcat wrote:
Hi JC,

Do you have plan to put SISU card inside Dirt instead of inside the basic game?

Agung

Brilliant idea!
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jean-Christophe Bouvier
France
Saint-Didier en Velay
Auvergne
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Nors wrote:
w_madcat wrote:
Hi JC,

Do you have plan to put SISU card inside Dirt instead of inside the basic game?

Agung

Brilliant idea!


In Essen I'll give these sisu cards and
I'll send them with DIRT for all orders on my website.
And at least, if you let me a message with your adress I post you the cards.

PS : Agung : I think your time in second special on Rallye du Pays Basque is too low : could you please control it ? Thanks,

jc
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam E
United States
New York
NY
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmb
Really looking forward to the Sisu card!
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ketigid ketigid
Singapore
Singapore
Singapore
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just saw the new pictures on the website. The new dice seemed to have different numbers on the same dice. How do they work?
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
René Christensen
Denmark
Solroed Strand
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
ketigid wrote:
I just saw the new pictures on the website. The new dice seemed to have different numbers on the same dice. How do they work?



?????????????????
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jean-Christophe Bouvier
France
Saint-Didier en Velay
Auvergne
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
ketigid wrote:
I just saw the new pictures on the website. The new dice seemed to have different numbers on the same dice. How do they work?


Very good eyes ! But it's a mistake on the picture I've never seen. Dice are the same ! Cars too. The difference are the drawings, dimensions of the cards (68 x 44 mm insted 88 x 58 mm)) and second markers are in cardboard, not in plastic. With this punched board I made dash board instead dash board cards.


And now there are 8 languages : portuguse and polish were added.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel B
Sweden
Kungsbacka
flag msg tools
128
badge
22
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
jcbouvier wrote:
Be quiet I have 14000 Sisu cards ... I think I'll have some of them during a long time ! I keep 4 for you !

I just want let everyone know that when JC says "be quiet", I think it's a direct translation from the French meaning "don't worry". He's a very nice guy and isn't trying to be rude...
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jean-Christophe Bouvier
France
Saint-Didier en Velay
Auvergne
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Deebs wrote:
jcbouvier wrote:
Be quiet I have 14000 Sisu cards ... I think I'll have some of them during a long time ! I keep 4 for you !

I just want let everyone know that when JC says "be quiet", I think it's a direct translation from the French meaning "don't worry". He's a very nice guy and isn't trying to be rude...


Oh excuse me if I wasn't polite ! Do not be worried is what I wanted to tell, but I thought be quiet was correct. Sorry blush
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicolai Broen Thorning
Denmark
Ebeltoft
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
jcbouvier wrote:
ketigid wrote:
I just saw the new pictures on the website. The new dice seemed to have different numbers on the same dice. How do they work?


Very good eyes ! But it's a mistake on the picture I've never seen. Dice are the same ! Cars too. The difference are the drawings, dimension of the cards ( 68 x 44) and second markers are in cardboard, not in plastic. With this punched board I made dash board instead dash board cards.


And now there are 8 languages : portuguse and polish were added.

Emphasis mine. Are you referring to the tracks or the time cards?

Thank you.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jean-Christophe Bouvier
France
Saint-Didier en Velay
Auvergne
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Taibi wrote:
jcbouvier wrote:
ketigid wrote:
I just saw the new pictures on the website. The new dice seemed to have different numbers on the same dice. How do they work?


Very good eyes ! But it's a mistake on the picture I've never seen. Dice are the same ! Cars too. The difference are the drawings, dimension of the cards ( 68 x 44) and second markers are in cardboard, not in plastic. With this punched board I made dash board instead dash board cards.


And now there are 8 languages : portuguse and polish were added.

Emphasis mine. Are you referring to the tracks or the time cards?

Thank you.


to the time cards, dimensions are in mm (sorry in my first job, mechanical engineer, I used only mm !). The boards are the same : 218 x 327 mm.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.