Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jeff White
United States
Kyle
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Not sure my printer can do these things justice. Anyone send the pdf thru Artscow or something to get a nice copy of the cards and standees? If so, what grade, etc did you have them printed at?

Any other tips/suggestions?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryce K. Nielsen
United States
Elk Ridge
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Um, isn't the rulebook the only thing about SNAFU? I mean, if someone gets a PDF of the rulebook and then printed it, it'd be the same as just buying the booklet from your retailer? Why would you pay Artscow for a copy when you can just buy the book?

-shnar

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff White
United States
Kyle
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
hmmm... I don't have the SNAFU rulebook, but I understand it doesn't have the standees which are available as a free pdf download (http://www.grindhousegames.com/pages/downloads).

Getting the SNAFU standees and cards in a somewhat polished form is what I desire and don't think my current printing set-up will do it.

I could be totally wrong though. Do the cards and standees come in the SNAFU rulebook?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryce K. Nielsen
United States
Elk Ridge
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ah, I see. I misread and thought you wanted the whole rulebook, which I feel defeats the purpose.

I don't know, I've ordered the book but don't have it yet. Course, I ordered the minis too

-shnar
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fabio Calzolari
Italy
S.Lazzaro di Savena
Bologna
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Do not print them at home; use Photo printing services (i usually use on-line services).
Professional, superstrong paper and inks, and the cost is often less than printing at home.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ted Conn
United States
Lee's Summit
Missouri
flag msg tools
You are not brought upon this world to get it!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
As Fabio said...

Download the files to a flash drive and take them to a print shop for professional printing. No Artscow needed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff White
United States
Kyle
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Is there a suggest weight/gloss to have these cards printed at?

In my 25+ years of gaming I've painted and built hundreds of minis and terrain pieces, but have never really had to get anything 'professionally' printed out. A bit out of my element here.

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fabio Calzolari
Italy
S.Lazzaro di Savena
Bologna
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you're going for the photo printing service, weight isn't a problem (photopaper is far more resistant than home printing paper) and the surface is just a matter of taste.
I like more matt paper 'cause you can't see fingerprints, but glossy miniatures are really... well.... bright and glossy
Anyway, as you're not building models (where paper thinckness can be a problem) just grab the best you can.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.