Battlestar Galactica: The Board Game – Pegasus Expansion» Forums » General

Subject: Does this expand the game to 7? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Michael Cook
United States
California
flag msg tools
Does this alone expand it to 7, or was it the exodus expansion that just does it?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mb
hencook wrote:
Does this alone expand it to 7, or was it the exodus expansion that just does it?

Pegasus, with the Cylon Leader option.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Reil
United States
Barre
Vermont
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ColtsFan76 wrote:
hencook wrote:

Pegasus, with the Cylon Leader option.

I've also seen people play 7 without a Cylon Leader by putting in 3 "Cylon" loyalty cards into the deck. I think you need either Pegasus or Exodus (not necessarily both) to pull this off, because you then need a minimum of 11 "Not a Cylon" loyalty cards.

EDIT2: Possibly more: one each for Boomer and Baltar if they're being played. Then of course, one more if you're playing with Exodus' execution rules and an additional one more every time somebody is executed under those rules.

EDIT: You can definitely play this way if you have Exodus and not Pegasus because Exodus comes with plenty of Not a Cylon cards to fill the deck out, without even getting into the Personal Goal or Final Five cards.

This seems a bit rough on the humans to me, though. OTOH having only 2/7 Cylons, even with the standard NS penalty on the humans is probably too tough for the Cylons. There's probably a balance point there somewhere, but I find 7 is too many players so I'm not really motivated to find it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
SoCal
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
RedShark92 wrote:

This seems a bit rough on the humans to me, though. OTOH having only 2/7 Cylons, even with the standard NS penalty on the humans is probably too tough for the Cylons. There's probably a balance point there somewhere, but I find 7 is too many players so I'm not really motivated to find it.

Yeah, that's been at the back of our minds...... some of the CL agendas are a bit "wonky" (it turns out he's mostly on one side or another). OTOH, 3 cylons vs 4 humans doesn't seem to be as logical as 4vs4 (the crisis deck/mechanic acting as the 4th cylon player). It may be too much to have 3 super crisis cards to deal with too. That and the even ratio of human to cylon turns. 2v1 and 3v2 humans to cylons both seem to work out really well in retrospect.

EDIT: added more stuff which hopefully clarified things, not made confusing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Cook
United States
California
flag msg tools
Okay, I'm lost. This is going to be my fourth time playing this, so I thought I'd pick up an expansion to bring it up to 7.

What do you recommend I do to balance this properly?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Warnken
United States
Harrison
Ohio
flag msg tools
I'm not crazy. My mother had me tested.
badge
Happy grandfather!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
Just get Pegasus and have the most experience player play the Cylon Leader.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Chav
United States
Taylorsville
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I ran a 3 cylons v.s. 4 humans game and the humans were destroyed.

I bet 2 cylon cards and 1 sympathizer card that is a guaranteed cylon would do it. No Super Crisis and no activating the cylon fleet for that person and no reveal power (auto revealed as the symp rules).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
SoCal
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Danath wrote:
I ran a 3 cylons v.s. 4 humans game and the humans were destroyed.

I bet 2 cylon cards and 1 sympathizer card that is a guaranteed cylon would do it. No Super Crisis and no activating the cylon fleet for that person and no reveal power (auto revealed as the symp rules).

Qeustions about this proposed variant ...
1) is the symp card still added in only after dealing out initial loyalty cards at the begininng of the game?

2) does the person who receive the symp card reveal it immediately, or treat it as any other cylon card that's diminished in power (as you stated)?

3) if playing with CFB from exodus, symp cylon still gets to activate BB?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Chav
United States
Taylorsville
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The card is treated in every way just like the regular ruling except they always go to team cylon.

The BB can be house ruled either way.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mindy G
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
Mold the chaos into something beautiful
mbmbmb
So they wouldnt get an agenda card?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Chav
United States
Taylorsville
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you are playing with Pegasus I would use the cylon sympathizer hostile.

Or Cylon leader.

Or regular.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.