Popular Tags: [View All]
Andy
United Kingdom
Manchester
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This is the thread for my upcoming Play by Forum game...

Players are:

John Bandettini
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
That one not so much
badge
Ohh that tickles
mbmbmb
除名山 蔵芽戸
Japan
Sendai
Miyagi
flag msg tools
badge
Mary B
United Kingdom
Manchester
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb

Wally Jones
United States
Windermere
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I will not rest until Biblios is in the Top 100. - Steve Oksienik
United States
Howell
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
Well I been watchin' while you been coughin, I've been drinking life while you've been nauseous, and so I drink to health while you kill yourself and I got just one thing that I can offer... Go on and save yourself and take it out on me
mbmbmbmbmb
Jeff Cramer
United States
Littleton
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

I still have some preparations to do, but please "sign in" here and I will do the 'seating' arrangement and appoint you as Norse Gods!

You can find the rules here, if anyone wishes to bone up on them...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Bandettini
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
That one not so much
badge
Ohh that tickles
mbmbmb
I actually own this game and have played it a few times.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy
United Kingdom
Manchester
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
JohnBandettini wrote:
I thought you had.. I spotted it in your new2u list. Mary has played a few times too.. and I think Wally has as well. Steve owned it, but I don't think he managed to get it played... and Jeff has not played it. Not sure about Jonathan.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Jones
United States
Gainesville
Florida
flag msg tools
Yeah it's here! Really it's right here.
mbmbmbmbmb
JohnBandettini wrote:

So, are you saying you are 'reducing' the fun for everyone else by actually knowing how to play? whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wally Jones
United States
Windermere
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
JohnBandettini wrote:

I don't own the game, but want to. soblue I have played it also.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
除名山 蔵芽戸
Japan
Sendai
Miyagi
flag msg tools
badge
Never played. I attack Steve!

Thwomp! 1d6+1d4 = (4) + (2) = 6
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 51270. KSensei
  • 1d6+1d4 =
  • (4) + (2) =
  • Thwomp!
  • Fri Sep 9, 2011 3:42 pm
Mary B
United Kingdom
Manchester
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Looking forward to it! It is a good game. I'm interested to see how it works with this many people.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy
United Kingdom
Manchester
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
John Bandettini
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
That one not so much
badge
Ohh that tickles
mbmbmb

You are Tyr the Norse God of single combat, victory and heroic glory!! Whenever you roll the dice you may role twice and choose which outcome to take.

Wally Jones
United States
Windermere
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

You are Frigg, said to be the wife of Odin, and the "foremost among the goddesses". You are the queen of Asgard! Whenever you search for the souls of vikings, you may remove one Fire Giant that you have drawn.

除名山 蔵芽戸
Japan
Sendai
Miyagi
flag msg tools
badge

You are Thor the Norse God associated with thunder, lightning, storms, oak trees, strength and the protection of mankind. Whenever you enter combat you add +1 to the result.

Mary B
United Kingdom
Manchester
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb

You are Freyja the Norse Goddess associated with love, beauty, fertility, gold, sorcery, war, and death. While performing actions, you may perform two actions in the same world.

United States
Howell
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
Well I been watchin' while you been coughin, I've been drinking life while you've been nauseous, and so I drink to health while you kill yourself and I got just one thing that I can offer... Go on and save yourself and take it out on me
mbmbmbmbmb

You are Frey the God associated with farming, weather and as a phallic fertility god. You get 4 actions per turn instead of 3.. however these must still all be performed in different worlds.

Jeff Cramer
United States
Littleton
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

You are Odin, Ruler of the Norse Gods and associated with war, battle, victory, death, as well as wisdom, magic, poetry, prophecy. When you draw enemy cards at the start of your turn, you may look at the top two, choose 1 to play and return the other to the top or bottom of the enemy deck.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy
United Kingdom
Manchester
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
除名山 蔵芽戸
Japan
Sendai
Miyagi
flag msg tools
badge
I have a hammer, I have a hammer. I have a hammer hey hey hey hey!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy
United Kingdom
Manchester
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
KSensei wrote:
Was totally random... but I figured you'd be happy about that!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Howell
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
phallic fertility god

Clearly appropriate. blush

I actually managed to play this twice. I really liked it but nobody else did so I passed it on.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
除名山 蔵芽戸
Japan
Sendai
Miyagi
flag msg tools
badge
I still don't know what I'm doing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Howell
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That's fine, we don't expect much from you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Cramer
United States
Littleton
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I need to look through the rules.

(Well, I guess as Odin I can make up my own rules.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy
United Kingdom
Manchester
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
KSensei wrote:
I still don't know what I'm doing.
Given that you're Thor, I think you just attack things... Enemies; Giants... that sort of thing.

But seriously, I will run through what you can do on your turn and how I'm going to moderate the game pretty soon.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wally Jones
United States
Windermere
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
KSensei wrote:

I have a dove. Maybe I can send it to poo on enemies.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Bandettini
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
That one not so much
badge
Ohh that tickles
mbmbmb
Guantanamo wrote:
JohnBandettini wrote:

So, are you saying you are 'reducing' the fun for everyone else by actually knowing how to play? whistle

No I was saying just for once in one of these games I might have an idea of what is going on.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ed Browne
United States
Terre Haute
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

ninja
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan
Belgium
De Haan
flag msg tools
admin
designer
I love cargo biking!
badge
...and videogaming, boardgaming, RPG'ing and helping users as an admin!
mbmbmbmbmb
have fun
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy
United Kingdom
Manchester
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Almost ready to start, so I will quickly run through the basics of the game and how I will mod it here...

Player turns consists of:

1) Draw an enemy card and activate that enemies power - except on Odin's turn, I will just post which enemy moved and what the outcome was. In the case of Odin, I will list the top 2 enemies from the deck and Odin should then decide which is to be played, and whether the other goes on the top or bottom of the deck. The power level of the effect of the enemy depends on which space they are in 1or2 =1; 3or4 =2 and 5or6 =3 if the enemy reaches 7 he does not activate his power, but if he remains in the 7th space at the end of the god's turn, you lose!

2) Next players will get 3 actions (Frey gets 4!). These must be used in different Worlds (Freyja can do 2 of her 3 in the same world):-

- Land of the Elves - Take 1 Elf token (used in combat)

- Sacred Land - Move the Vanir up 1 space on the track, or move him back to the start and execute one of the actions available.

- Asgard - Fight one of the enemies in order to try and push them back a space.

- Midgard - optionally move the Valkyries one Island left or right, then search for the souls of the Vikings on that Island by pulling 3 tokens from the corresponding bag.. Vikings are kept and giants are returned to the bag (Frigg may discard 1 giant drawn).

- Dwarven Forge - take an available level 1 weapon (there is one each for the 6 enemies) or return a level 1 or level 2 weapon and take the corresponding next level.

- Ice Fortress - Fight one of the giants. Either one in play, or (without looking) the top giant from the deck.

- Kingdom of Fire - choose one of the 4 bags and search for Fire Giants - pull 5 tokens out and discard any giants, returning vikings to the bag.

- World of the Dead - Take up to 5 Vikings from the World of the dead and add them to the bag of your choice.

- World of Darkness - you may Take/Give/Exchange tokens (elves ot vikings) with 1 other god/player.

As a rough guide, you will need to fight enemies and push them back quite a lot.. that is the meat of the game... and to do so, you will need Viking tokens (and elves).. so some of the game will be spent manipulating the bags... i.e. removing giants; adding vikings and then drawing tokens. You will also need to get the 6 weapons at level 3 between you.

The giants all have a rune of one of 4 colours (Green;blue;red;grey) if all 4 giants of a colour are defeated you get a big bonus - lots of extra vikings; no enemy cards for 3 turns; push back 3 enemies 1 space each; push back 1 enemy 3 spaces. This may seem hard to do as you will only know which colour giants you are facing if they are in Play... however the last space of the Vanir track (spot 5) allows you to search through the giant deck and instantly defeat 1 giant of your choice, this can be great for finishing off a rune and getting that benefit.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy
United Kingdom
Manchester
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Combat

When fighting either the enemies or the giants, combat works as follows:

- Choose how many Viking tokens to spend. Each token is +1 to the result.

- Roll the dice - The dice for the game has 6 sides, with two blank faces, two faces with 1 axe on and one face each with 2 and 3 axes on. each axe is worth +1 to the result. for the purposes of geekrolls, use - 1custom6{0;0;1;1;2;3}. Tyr may roll twice and choose the best result.

- If fighting an enemy, add the value of your enemy specific weapon, which is worth 1 to 3.

- Thor adds his +1 to the result.

- optionally spend any elf tokens for a +1 each to the result.

compare the total to the toughness of the enemy, which depends on the space they are in - 1or2 =5; 3or4 =6 5or6 =7 and 7 =8 if your total is equal or greater, then you have defeated the enemy and they are moved back 1 space.

Giants generally have a toughness of 3, though 1 giant has the effect of increasing this by 1. There are also 6 giants that increase the toughness a corresponding enemy by one.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 51373. Grimwold
  • 1custom6{0;0;1;1;2;3} =
  • (0) =
  • Sun Sep 11, 2011 9:30 pm
Andy
United Kingdom
Manchester
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
In moderating the game, I'd like to try and do it without using as much graphics, as this is always the most time consuming part of doing shadow hunters etc. I have computerised a lot of the information like bag contents, enemy positions etc. so I will use the following format which is exported from my web-app. I will maintain the turn order graphic, and may also use that to show who has which weapons...

//-- SAMPLE --//
Enemies
Fenrir Position 0 Power 0 Toughness 4
Hel Position 0 Power 0 Toughness 4
Jormungand Position 0 Power 0 Toughness 4
Loki Position 0 Power 0 Toughness 4
Nidhogg Position 0 Power 0 Toughness 4
Surt Position 0 Power 0 Toughness 4

Elves & Vikings
7 Elves are available in the Land of Elves
5 Vikings are in the Land of the Dead

Vanir
Vanir is at 0
Vanir Options - No options

Valkyries
Rainbow Isle > White Isle > Blue Isle > Green Isle > Black Isle
Black Isle has Sunk
Valkyries are at Rainbow Isle

Giants in Play
THRYM Jormungand +1 Blue

Giants Defeated
UTGARDLOKI No God Powers Green

I am still working on this table of information, so it will get added-to, and refined, during the course of the game...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy
United Kingdom
Manchester
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I would like you to keep track of your own tokens and weapons.. i.e. post how many you have at the start of your action phase. It would also be helpful to post which god you are.

e.g.

1 elf
3 vikings
Nidhogg +1
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy
United Kingdom
Manchester
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ok, any questions or comments before we getting going and lock horns with the enemies?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [15] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.