Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kai Price
United States
Monson
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
The board is modular and they will be coming out with other races in expansions. Those who have played it, looking at the rules and mechanics, is there any reason this game could not be easily expanded to three players down he road? Or does it seem like that would break something, with no way to fix it?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris J Davis
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Overtext pending moderation...
mbmbmbmbmb
I believe that one of the designers has unofiicially stated somewhere that the game will be expanded to more players. It was one of the reasons they chose to use hexes instead of squares.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Florian Mohr
Germany
Leupoldsgrün
Bayern
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
In the newest Dice Tower Episode you can find an interview with WizKids and they mentioned that they already have the rules for a three player game finished if I remember correctly. They also talk about Mage Knight and their other products .
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steffen Soller
United States
Sandy
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am already sold on this game but with expansions and addition of players this would be awesome. It might also be interesting to expand it to 5 players via a 2 v 2 v 1 distribution. With additional races there is so much potential in this game...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Jigsaw Man
United States
Goose Creek
South Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Frankly, I see no reason it couldn't play 6 players, with the rules as they are written.

The only thing I can see that needs any adjustment is cooperation between two players, and a larger board.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig Sanderlin
United States
Maryland Heights
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have already played this with three players. We set up a four player game. One player played fed, the other player played fed. I played as two klingon players. We alternated fed, klingon, fed, klingon.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Godwin
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
I think once they release other races it will be much easier to play this with 3 player, but it can be done.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shane Hoopfer
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We've already set up our plan for 3 players and that is to make a triangular map. Pretty much everything else will be the same just pick your sides as normal except the 3rd player can pick anything as a rebel faction.

Not really hard to put in place until we have Romulans LOL

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Gardner
United States
Kingston
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hoop27 wrote:
We've already set up our plan for 3 players and that is to make a triangular map. Pretty much everything else will be the same just pick your sides as normal except the 3rd player can pick anything as a rebel faction.

Good idea!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shane Hoopfer
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Kirk Agathon wrote:
Hoop27 wrote:

Good idea!

LOL Thanks. Honestly I just read the rule book and at one point it says half the fun is making your own custom maps and fleets etc. So we just thought that made the most sense for 3 people.

We're talking about a 5 player version as well since there are something like 70-80 points worth of ships you could have 2 Klingon players, 2 Federation players with a combined 30-40 points of ships, and a 5th player (or sixth if you wanted to) with a similar number of 'rogue invasion' ships that the Feds and Klingons need to defeat.

Really the possibilities are endless. A lot will have to do with just trying it out and see what works.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Troy Westblade
Australia
Sebastopol
Victoria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I was thinking that you'd need to have 2 players be the Klingons, since they would definitely split into factions and fight each other, but then I just realised how you could explain a second Federation faction....

the MAQUIS!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Cox
Japan
Tokyo
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Maquis or a training exercise with the Klingons.

Michael

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.