Tim Stratton
United Kingdom
Newark on Trent
Nottinghamshire
flag msg tools
I'm a bit of a stats nerd, and think it would be really interesting to see how games have fluctuated in the BGG rankings over time (possibly even in graph form), is this possible? And if not, could it be made to be possible?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tomello Visello
United States
Reston
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Reading one of the replies in this thread
Peak ranking
will get you an answer (it's a "yes").

Reading another one of the replies there will give you a historical list of similar questions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Stratton
United Kingdom
Newark on Trent
Nottinghamshire
flag msg tools
Thankyou very much! I figured other people would have asked the same thing in the past.

Had a fiddle with the programme someone produced, which gives average ratings etc. over time, unfortunately not ranking though... and it'd still be nice if it was easily accessible information on the site...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tomello Visello
United States
Reston
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Eatenbyahippo wrote:
unfortunately not ranking though...
Ah. Once upon a time there was this
Game Rank Graph over time
but I think it stopped working after a database conversion or reorganization or something.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrea Nand
Italy
Modena
flag msg tools
Best. Game. Ever.
badge
I wrote nanDECK and BGG1tool
mbmbmbmbmb
Eatenbyahippo wrote:
I'm a bit of a stats nerd, and think it would be really interesting to see how games have fluctuated in the BGG rankings over time (possibly even in graph form), is this possible? And if not, could it be made to be possible?

I wrote a Windows software about that; this is a related thread:
Feature Question/Request: Charting a game's rank and rating history

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.