Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Mc Cabe
United States
Arizona
flag msg tools
There are those who look at things the way they are and ask why . . . I dream of things that never were and ask why not
mbmbmbmbmb
Ezio: Are the monsters taken as trophies or returned to the cup?
Are you going to produce an "Apple" Unique Item?

Jack: I sometimes ask this question, because I don't remember the cost breakdown when doling out starting equipment. Is Jack confined to his $25 maximum the way you've got his items distributed?

Brian

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Campbell
United States
Arkansas
flag msg tools
mbmb
Ezio: I hadn't thought about that. Perhaps I'll add where assassinated monsters can be taken as trophies only if there are two or fewer monsters on the board.
No unique items planned. I'm just having it as part of his backstory, rather than a usable character. But, I'm open to suggestions anyway.

Jack: Here's the cost breakdown of his items:

1 Clue Token $ 0 (free, as he starts at an unstable location)
2 Common Items $ 6 ($3 each)
1 Spell $ 4
1 Skill $ 0 (staring skill)
2 Monster Tro. $ 3 (program charges $2 for 1st trophy, $1 for additional trophy)
1. Find Gate $ 4
1 Xtra Skill Pt $ 8 (Although the editor provides this option, no official investigator has extra skill points. Their cost is unofficial.)
-------------------
Total $25

Yeah. Strange Eons does a good job of keeping the investigators balanced by skills and inventory.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Campbell
United States
Arkansas
flag msg tools
mbmb

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Mc Cabe
United States
Arizona
flag msg tools
There are those who look at things the way they are and ask why . . . I dream of things that never were and ask why not
mbmbmbmbmb
With Dr. Emmett Brown, is this one evade check, regardless of the number of monsters present. Does it also apply if it/they move onto his location?

I like all of the unique special abilities you've come up with.

Brian
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Campbell
United States
Arkansas
flag msg tools
mbmb
1 evade check, regardless of number of monsters present. Only if moving into an area with monsters, not if monsters come upon him. Regular evade checks at that point.

Thank you, I try to spend time coming up with something conceptual for the characters. Otherwise, I feel, it would be too cookie cutter.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marek Palenik
Slovakia
Ziar nad Hronom
flag msg tools
Hi guys, I'm still waiting for AH to come but i played few games so during the waiting i decided to create character (baaaad idea) . Idea was taken from MtG planeswalker. I wanted somebody who is familiar with spheres and other world. I guess he's maybe unbalanced so i would appreciate all your suggestions. Thank you very much. So far I made only front side so please ignore back side of character sheet.

http://s1228.photobucket.com/albums/ee455/t3hWoLF/?action=vi...

(sry for link couldn't find how to add images as post before)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Campbell
United States
Arkansas
flag msg tools
mbmb

Not an investigator, but I rarely make monsters, so I'll just throw it in here.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Mc Cabe
United States
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Has anyone considered using Strange Eons to develop Wooden Stake
+1 Combat/+[?] against all Vampire types) or Garlic (Exhaust to pass an evade check against all Vampire types? Not sure what the plus should be for the Wooden Stake, maybe three or four, and it would still be sharp enough to at least penetrate anything else.

They'd be monster specific, but would still have a minimum of three monsters subject to their abilities.

Brian
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Campbell
United States
Arkansas
flag msg tools
mbmb
apatheticexecutioner wrote:
Has anyone considered using Strange Eons to develop Wooden Stake
+1 Combat/+[?] against all Vampire types) or Garlic (Exhaust to pass an evade check against all Vampire types? Not sure what the plus should be for the Wooden Stake, maybe three or four, and it would still be sharp enough to at least penetrate anything else.

They'd be monster specific, but would still have a minimum of three monsters subject to their abilities.

Brian

I had thought about creating the weapon, but I'm resistant. I have no way of printing them where they'd be usable as a random weapon. It'd be fairly obvious "which one is not like the others". As for a weapon for a specific character, I'd be fine, but then I might as well just make the benefits for that weapon as part of the special ability and not worry about printing off anything besides the investigator card.

If I could find a printer (or FF's printer) to make official looking cards, I'd be willing, but I have no doubt it'd be fairly expensive.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Campbell
United States
Arkansas
flag msg tools
mbmb
http://www.mythosphase.com

I started a website with more information about my creations. It doesn't have everything yet, but they'll trickle out as I get a chance to write up a synopsis of each one.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.