Recommend
1 
 Thumb up
 Hide
4 Posts

Conflict of Heroes: Price of Honour – Poland 1939» Forums » Rules

Subject: Clarification of rules rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Bell Delurean
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Hi all,

During a couple of resent games with the great new PoH expansion we stumbled upon some cases were we could not find a clarification regarding the rules.

1. If an activated unit moves into a hex already occupied by a spend (flipped) friendly unit, can the activated unit group fire with the spend unit using AP's? What if using CAP's? What if the unit is unspend? can they then fire as a group using the activated units AP's or only CAP's?

2. In FF1 in PoH when dealt the card "Stop Vehicle" (cant remember the number) cn you stop the plane? I read somewhere else that the card "Mark as used" were useable against the Polish plane, but does this also apply to "Stop Vehicle"? Is a plane technically defined as a vehicle?

3. A mounted calvary takes a hex with a control marker. Afterwards the unit mounted on the horse is wounded and killed. If the opponent then moves into the hex without killing the horse, does he automatically control the hex (gets to flip the Control marker) since a horse unit cannot take hexes?

4. The rules specify that a polish/german horse unit can transport both a uhlan/rifle and a LMG squad at the same time. Does this group perform just as good in calvary combat when only mounting a Rifle/Uhlan?

Hoep you are able to help regarding this. Thanks in advance

 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Palmer
Canada
Ayr
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Eightball wrote:
Hi all,

During a couple of resent games with the great new PoH expansion we stumbled upon some cases were we could not find a clarification regarding the rules.

1. If an activated unit moves into a hex already occupied by a spend (flipped) friendly unit, can the activated unit group fire with the spend unit using AP's? What if using CAP's? What if the unit is unspend? can they then fire as a group using the activated units AP's or only CAP's?


Not with APs. If you wanted to use CAPs or a card, you could.

If the unit is unspent, you could do it with APs by joining them onto the group. That unit would share the same APs that the moving unit had (rather than getting its full allotment of APs.)

Quote:

2. In FF1 in PoH when dealt the card "Stop Vehicle" (cant remember the number) cn you stop the plane? I read somewhere else that the card "Mark as used" were useable against the Polish plane, but does this also apply to "Stop Vehicle"? Is a plane technically defined as a vehicle?


No, in game terms, a plane is something separate from a "vehicle", so this card cannot be played on it.

Quote:

3. A mounted calvary takes a hex with a control marker. Afterwards the unit mounted on the horse is wounded and killed. If the opponent then moves into the hex without killing the horse, does he automatically control the hex (gets to flip the Control marker) since a horse unit cannot take hexes?


That is correct. A horse can't take or hold a control marker.

Quote:

4. The rules specify that a polish/german horse unit can transport both a uhlan/rifle and a LMG squad at the same time. Does this group perform just as good in calvary combat when only mounting a Rifle/Uhlan?

Having the extra unit would mean adding +1 to your attack value, as with any other group attack.

Quote:

Hoep you are able to help regarding this. Thanks in advance


I hope you found my answers helpful!
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bell Delurean
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Thanks for the answers.

Another question regarding planes: Do they use the normal front/flank rules as normal units? Could not find anything regarding this in the PoH rulebook.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Palmer
Canada
Ayr
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Eightball wrote:
Thanks for the answers.

Another question regarding planes: Do they use the normal front/flank rules as normal units? Could not find anything regarding this in the PoH rulebook.


Yes, they do.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.