Brazil
Rio de Janeiro
RJ
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Senior Game Developer at CMON
mbmbmbmbmb
I've recently purchased via print and play productions a full set of the astonishingly beautiful MoV remake and we are already at 3 plays in two weeks and hungering for more. We did a 1k learning session followed by a 1.5k game and then a 2k game.

What would be the next step? I have all the expansions Dathkadan did and that's a whole bunch of new stuff and endless counters sitting idly at the box.

My first idea is play a 3k game adding the new ships who look really cool.

Any idea which expansion people always use and which ones are used in the WBC?

Cheers

Fel

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Sizemore
United States
Richmond
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
www.NevermoreGames.com
badge
This is NOT a Chihuahua. It is a Sphynx cat. A bald, grouchy Sphynx cat who will bite you if you mistake him for a Chihuahua.
mbmbmbmbmb
I can tell you that at the WBC the heats are all standard games, without combat, to 2k. The finals are to 3k. Every game this year was played on an Avalon Hill set, so there were no expansions generally available, other than the combat and Rastur stuff that came in the box.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Tullsen
United States
VANCOUVER
WA
flag msg tools
designer
48 hour turnaround time for Prototypes!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I use the expansion ships for most of my own games.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Geggus
United Kingdom
Brentwood,
Essex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I play in a rolling game-mastered game through a U.S. magazine and we nearly always use the additional ships, the quick start set-up and, in the latest game, the lost world additional planet. All make for fun (which is the main aim of course). Worthy variations on a great game.

If you need to know anything about these additions by all means drop me a GM.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Slev Sleddeddan
United Kingdom
Victoria Park
Manchester
flag msg tools
What part of "Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn" don't you understand?
badge
Don't you open that trapdoor!
mbmbmbmbmb
The variant ships, Mining and Lost World are excellent, especially as there are almost no rules required by them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nate Straight

Covington
Louisiana
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
Slev wrote:
The variant ships, Mining and Lost World are excellent, especially as there are almost no rules required by them.

These three and the Crew Members expansion are the ones I use.... and I play with a slightly modified Rastur system most of the time, contrary to nearly everyone else who seems to never include combat.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Filipe Cunha
Brazil
Rio de Janeiro
RJ
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Slev wrote:

Those are exactly the ones I was considering using
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Bernardo
Taiwan
Taipei
flag msg tools
badge
Wargame? Eurogame? Ameritrash? Asia!! Check out Asian board game reviews at CardboardEast.com
mbmbmbmbmb
endou_kenji wrote:
Slev wrote:

Those are exactly the ones I was considering using

Ditto. I always play with all 3 of these expansions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.