Popular Tags: [View All]
Thomas Lang
Germany
Gaißach
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi,

1. we just played our first game of Successors 3rd ed. and (I had already punched it) the turn marker and Alex's body were missing. Any chance that I didn't lose them?

2. and: Is there only one black foot for the generals? Why aren't there enough foots equalling the colours of the players? That's weird.

thanks,

Junk

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Miller
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The colored bases issue was much discussed. The colors aren't supposed to match. Search the forums for discussions on that. Can't help you with the other issue.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Cappocchi
United States
Los Angeles
CA
flag msg tools
Arkham Horror, Amun Re, R-ECO, Ora Et Labora, Napoleonic Wars
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There is no turn marker - but there is a blank counter on the counter sheet. After much complaining from players, GMT did print a Turn counter in a recent issue of C31, they might have extras and send it out if you emailed and asked them nicely.

"Alexander's Body" is not a counter, but you should have a Funeral Cart counter - I think it becomes his burial site when flipped over.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Lang
Germany
Gaißach
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So the body is indeed the funeral cart? I hoped that much, but that hope was shattered, wheh I saw an actual picture in the rules that SHOWED the friggin Alex's Body Marker... But there is none? Any more confirmations?

It's actually a nasty piece of work stating you should advance the turn marker and not to include one...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fritz Mulnar
Germany
Berlin
not Bavaria
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
some glass bead looks nicer anyway.

not to excuse the naming of a nonexistent marker in the rules.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Lang
Germany
Gaißach
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
superjosef wrote:
some glass bead looks nicer anyway.

not to excuse the naming of a nonexistent marker in the rules.

Or maybe even two...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fritz Mulnar
Germany
Berlin
not Bavaria
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
i use them all the time for god knows how many games: Arkham Horror, Fury of Dracula, and lots more.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seth Gunar
United States
Ringwood
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Mr. Lang:

Your observations have been well documented by many others.

Yes, the omission of the turn marker is ... well... pitiful. But it is what it is. You will have to create your own.

As for the missing black foot marker (I assume you are talking about the things that hold the generals upright on the map), yes, I am missing one as well. Another oversight.

Fortunately I play tons of games - especially CDGs like Hannibal, WTP, SoR, etc. where there are tons of black counter stands. So I just cannibalized. Fortunately, black is an easy color to insert/replace. If it was "magenta" we would be screwed.

Ultimately, I love playing Successors. I am tempted to make/purchase/commission some pieces for the game to represent the generals and the armies. Someone made 3d miniatures for the generals in Hannibal. It looks great. It would look even better in Successors.

At least they only forgot the turn marker and a stand. If they had forgotten a general or some card that would have been ubersuckage.

Be well,

Seth

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ed Holzman
United States
Seffner
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
As grey traces of dawn tinge the eastern sky, the three travellers, men of Willowdale, emerge from the forest's shadow. Fording the river, they turn south, journeying into the dark and forbidding lands of The Necromancer...
mbmbmbmbmb
I've mentioned this in another thread, but it bears repeating here...
If you want enough counter stands to equip every player with their own color, these are available from The Game Crafter at a starting price of 13 cents each...

I placed an order for 100 pieces of various colors and my total (with shipping) was under $22.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Bearcat89 wrote:
I've mentioned this in another thread, but it bears repeating here...
If you want enough counter stands to equip every player with their own color, these are available from The Game Crafter at a starting price of 13 cents each...

I placed an order for 100 pieces of various colors and my total (with shipping) was under $22.

how much pieces per color do we need ?

thanks for the info !

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ed Holzman
United States
Seffner
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
As grey traces of dawn tinge the eastern sky, the three travellers, men of Willowdale, emerge from the forest's shadow. Fording the river, they turn south, journeying into the dark and forbidding lands of The Necromancer...
mbmbmbmbmb
powerwis wrote:
how much pieces per color do we need ?

thanks for the info !

For just Successors, the addition of 3 black pieces will give each player access to 4 pieces of their own color. The game comes with 4 red, 4 blue, 4 yellow, and 1 black (notionally to hold the Usurper card).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.