Tom Myers
United States
Warwick
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
German orders were #53 Patrol entering at B and exit at Z with no secondary objective.

American orders were to enter on turn 2 at any unused entrance and kill over half the enemy encountered and grab some prisoners.

The game started with the Germans moving in at B into a field with eagle eye Maier on point.
Turn two started with Sgt. Harrison and Pvt. Ghost entering from the road on the East side of the board and moving into the trees on the North side of the road. "Lets hold up here until those two numbskulls find us." I swear those two would get lost in their own backyard!" Ghost grabbed the Sergeant's arm and whispered "Sarge, look its krauts!"
Sgt. Harrison could see two Germans moving towards them through the field ahead. Ghost grabbed a grenade, but the Sergeant stopped him "Too far"
The Sergeant takes aim at Maier and squeezes off a round, but misses.
"Damn!" says Harrison. Harrison grabs Ghost and pulls him down. "Get down!" (Random event comes up "Get in here")

Maier reacts to the ambush thinking that it is a lone sniper by yelling
to Barth who is beside him "Scharfsch├╝tze!" and charges towards the woods. Harrison trips Maier as he enters the woods and dives on his back and stabs him with his combat knife killing him. Ghost bayonets Barth wounding him. Dreher and Scholz run forward to help, but are not close enough yet. Seeing old Maier killed, Barth screams and with strength born of desperation drives his bayonet through Ghost's heart killing him.

Sgt. Harrison charges Barth as Fuller and Fields finally arrive and see what is going on and charge forward to help Sarge. Fields charges past the Sarge as he sees Scholz come running into the woods. Fields parries Scholz and drives his bayonet home killing the German. Harrison and Fuller attack Barth and Fuller kills Barth.

Unteroffizier Dreher who has been moving forward carefully trying to process the situation sees Fuller standing over Barth and yells "Du Schweinehund!" and fires his MP40. Fuller dives for cover behind a tree.
Then Fuller enraged by the close call charges Dreher as the Unteroffizier tries to clear a jam. Fuller yells his war cry and charges as Fields moves quietly up beside Dreher and knocks him unconscious taking him prisoner. Harrison walks up and gives Dreher a kick in the ribs. "That was for Ghost you dirty Kraut!".

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Therron Thomas
United States
Bloomington
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Nice! Loving the story replays.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Duke
United States
Wynne
Arkansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Me too.
Sure would like to see some pix with these!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Myers
United States
Warwick
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks, I will try to post some pictures, but I have not posted any to BGG before so I will have to figure out how (best size etc) My extra troops are due tomorrow from UPS. Looking forward to bigger fights and more options. Ordered Bar team and US leader with SMG and MG42 Team and German leader with MP40.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.