Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dan C
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Rules summaries in the files section have different answers:

(Note: this is my 3rd of 3 questions today)

Can progress cards be used the turn they are drawn, or must you wait until a future turn?

Thanks for the help with these!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
They can be played immediately.

Mayfair 3rd ed. Rulebook p.10 - Progress cards may be played on the turn that they are drawn.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Holder
United States
Centennial
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jedimusic wrote:
Rules summaries in the files section have different answers:

(Note: this is my 3rd of 3 questions today)

Can progress cards be used the turn they are drawn, or must you wait until a future turn?

Thanks for the help with these!

The rules don't actually conflict.

In base Settlers of Catan without Cities and Knights, you can't play a card the same turn you draw it (*unless it is a victory point card causing you to win). Also, you can only play 1 card per turn.

In C&K, you can play cards as soon as you get them, and no limit on how many you can play per turn (although there is a 4-card maximum you are allowed to have at any one time).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan C
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I didn't mean conflict with the base game, but rather player aids submitted in the files section are conflicting with each other.

Since I didn't have access to the official rules, I was trying to find out which of these are in error. - thx

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.