Popular Tags: [View All]
Jonathan Powell
Ukraine
Berdyansk
flag msg tools
badge
I'm in my prime.
mb
After 5 plays, I still don't understand adjacent and connected. The last post regarding the Town Hall card made no sense to me, until I read the "technical phrasing" offered by
Robert Seater
United States
Ashland
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
I help designers improve their games.
badge
Feed me...games...
mbmbmbmbmb
Every time we play we are unsure of the rules. I think our decisions in different games have contradicted one another because we can't remember what we decided last time.

Either
Robert Seater
United States
Ashland
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
Feed me...games...
mbmbmbmbmb
needs to come to my house and teach us the game (Is Ukraine out of the way for you?) or I need a FAQ or a full rulebook rewrite to understand the cards and how they affect the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mateenyweeny
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
Raks Raks Raks
mbmbmbmbmb
Presumably you understand adjacent.
Presumably you understand connected.

If you can draw a line through a number of cards (turning allowed) by crossing them on the edge or side (no corners), then they are adjacent and connected.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Seater
United States
Ashland
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
Feed me...games...
mbmbmbmbmb
Two cards are adjacent if they are connected edge-to-edge. Diagonals do not count. Below, the two devil are adjacent to each other, and the two zombie are adjacent to each other. The two gulp are not adjacent to each other, and neither are the soblue.

devildevilsoblue
zombiesobluegulp
zombiegulpsoblue

For example, a Forge only works if it is adjacent to a Forest (you need wood for the fire, right?). Just being connected is not enough!

----------------------------------------------------

Two cards are connected if you can reach one from the other via adjacent cards. Below, assume that sauron is a blank space. The are connected to the ninja but the arrrh are not.

sauronarrrh
sauron ninjasauron
sauron sauronarrrh
sauron sauron
sauron sauron sauronsauron
arrrh arrrh sauronsauron

Whenever you add a new card to your barony, it must be connected to your Castle. If it later becomes disconnected, it stops functioning until re-connected to your castle.

----------------------------------------------------

A connected region is a region in which any two members are connected via other cards in the region. Below, the goo form a connected region. So do the devil. The soblue do not.

googoogoo
sobluegoodevil
robotsobluedevil
sobluedevildevil

So, if the goo were forests, then they would be a legal taxable region -- 1 to 4 connected lands of the same color. Similarly, the devil would be a taxable region if they were mines. You could tax one of the soblue cards (assume they are rivers), but not several at once.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Seater
United States
Ashland
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
Feed me...games...
mbmbmbmbmb
ukraineboo wrote:
... to understand the cards and how they affect the game.

If you have questions about how specific card operate together, please let me know! That may be more helpful to you than general case explanations, and it would help build up an FAQ for future printings.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.