United States
Coeur d'Alene
ID
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Howdy,

I'm not sure at all who to ask about this, so I'm just tossing this up in the General BGG forum here.

Long story short then...

I have a video review series. I'm on video #49. For video #50, I plan to do a video review on a game. I would like to run a contest to celebrate. The publisher has expressed interest in supporting the contest, but there was some concern that it would be breaking the rules by doing so.

The contest would basically be as follows: Thumb the video review of the game, and you are entered into a drawing and the company will send a copy of the game to a randomly selected "thumber".

Any feedback is appreciated. Or, if anyone can point me in the right direction to contact an admin, that would be great.

I think the concern is with the "company supported" aspect of it. I know I've seen other video reviewers do contests (some "company supported" and some not), but I'm not sure what (if any) hoops they've had to jump through to make everything kosher.

Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Netherlands
flag msg tools
       This space              intentionally              left blank.
badge
Community rules: Unofficial Contests:
Quote:
* You MUST geekmail the Community Manager with the subject line "CONTEST" to receive permission before running any contest on the site to ensure it conforms to the site rules. Your contest is likely to be approved as long as the contest is not promotional or you are not otherwise personally benefiting from it.
* Requiring users to give a thumb to a geeklist, thread, or similar content as part of participating in the contest or in return for any other compensation is not allowed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joel Eddy
United States
Coeur d'Alene
ID
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Andersen
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Wouldn't it easier just to have the game sent to me?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joel Eddy
United States
Coeur d'Alene
ID
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Orangemoose wrote:

I didn't think you would have any interest in Steam: The Candyland Edition. Interesting... ninja
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Andersen
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Only if it's a first edition with all 24 expansions. Otherwise, no.cool
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Ahern
United States
Spokane
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Orangemoose wrote:

It'd be even easier to 'send' to me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joel Eddy
United States
Coeur d'Alene
ID
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
BookandGame wrote:
Orangemoose wrote:

It'd be even easier to 'send' to me.

You have to stop cheating at Artus first. ninjadevil

-Edit-

Well I just got permission from BGG, so woot! Guess, what we are playing at lunch next week! devil

No, don't guess "out loud". I want it to be surprise.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.