Edward Hung
Hong Kong
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It seems to me that it's really hard to advance fast enough from the end of 1944 if only 5 target markers are provided so that the Soviet player can win.

Any one has such or opposite experience?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl Paradis
Canada
montreal
Qu├ębec
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
ehung wrote:
It seems to me that it's really hard to advance fast enough from the end of 1944 if only 5 target markers are provided so that the Soviet player can win.

Any one has such or opposite experience?

Very good question!

In fact I changed the number of target counters in the game because a lot of people mentioned to me that the Soviets were too stong in 44/45 because they could do unlimited attacks. IMHO this is true, and it was not historical to allow any of the two sides to do more than 5 attacks per turn. Even GMT inquired about the problem when they first wanted to publish the game. The Soviets have a lot of "EX" results on their CRT and should be able to at least attrition the Germans to death.

I playtested the new system very much and it seemed to work just fine. 5 attacks is already A LOT! I almost lowered it to 4 in fact, but decided to be conservative.

Also remember than in 1945 each turn is just one month, not two!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Davidson

Livonia
Michigan
msg tools
Kirk "The Man" Douglas (Vikings)
mbmbmbmbmb
Haven't gotten that far myself, campaign or scenario, but when I get there I am sure you just saved me from inquiring. Interesting points Carl, and for pointing out the time scale change.

Cheers
Kevin

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.