Subject: Why do I suck so badly at this game? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tim Snoddy
United Kingdom
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mb
I was reasonably good at Conflict of Heroes but I seem to get my ass kicked more often than not at this game.

For instance I failed totally in scenario 3 as the Germans. Any suggestions for this scenario?

Basically I think my problem is not knowing how to attack across open ground. Moving when the enemy has opportunity fire seems suicidal. So I guess I am sitting in cover trying to get units likely to opportunity fire disrupted? I guess I only move after the enemy formation likely to fire has activated so it is operations complete and can't fire or I manage to disrupt units so they can't fire.

Any help and hints appreciated.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Sawyer
United States
Westfield
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I not in favor for the way the opportunity fire system in WSR. It gives the player that does not move and a late chit pull too much power. the chit pull should make it random but in the plays that I have usually the defender is the winner. Out of 15 or so plays defenders won 12.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M St
Australia
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
Agreed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff S
United States
Washington
New Jersey
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
If you have no way around, then you need to prep the defenders before crossing open ground. The best use of artillery is to suppress defensive fire and artillery is much more effective in WSR compared to WaW. Also, remember that not all the units in a formation have to do the same thing. If there is still a lot of op fire availabe when it comes to your activation, then have some units fire on the defenders before moving the others forward.

I think a lot of this is related to scenario design. I've noticed in the few scenarios I have played that the length of the scenario does not allow very much manuever to leverage the defenders out of position. Most scenarios seem to be of the type where the defenders just sit back on the objective, so there is no other way than a direct assault.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.