Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Joel Moots
United States
Riley
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The rules state that the slave can act even if it's already gone that battle phase. But what if the slave hasn't yet gone? Does it still get its normal action?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eddy Bugnot
France
Romilly Sur Seine
Aube
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That's a good question.

Personally I'd give the monster his normal action. I interpret the slave action as a "free, additional action", but I could be wrong.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc Kelsey
Canada
Hamilton
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
The slave does not get his normal action. If you want to double-up the actions for a particular monster, you need to do its normal move, then use the slave master, then the slave again.

If you want to create a house-rule to change this, please feel free to
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eddy Bugnot
France
Romilly Sur Seine
Aube
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So I was wrong ! Thanks, makes sense when you think about it. Adds a nice twist to the power and makes it slightly less powerful.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Gross
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
squid_ca wrote:
The slave does not get his normal action. If you want to double-up the actions for a particular monster, you need to do its normal move, then use the slave master, then the slave again.

If you want to create a house-rule to change this, please feel free to

The wording to this is very confusing, because it says "even if" he has already taken his normal action, which would normally be read as to mean that he could also do it otherwise. I would expect it to say "only if" in order to convey that it's a necessary condition.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc Kelsey
Canada
Hamilton
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, this power has a benefit only if the slave has already taken an action.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Busch

Broomfield
Colorado
msg tools
mb
EDIT: just reread the slave master power and saw that it explicitly states to use only on the Overseer turn.

Since the Lizardman also has retaliation, can he hit an ally for his retaliation strike and make that ally take its turn due to the slave master ability- all during the Heroes turn?

Example: During the Heroes' turn, the Barbarian hits the Lizardman, giving the Lizardman his retaliation strike. Instead of hitting the Barbarian back, he hits a nearby Cerebus who can then take it's full sequence of shots. Legal?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.