Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Philip Moerenhout
Belgium
Lede
Oost-Vlaanderen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I know Chris Boelinger's games have absolute suberb rules and mechanics.

I own DT Prison and Earth Reborn and can easily say, rulewise and mechanicswise these games stand head and shoulders above a lot of other games.Only BloodBowl is in the same category IMO ( in my stack of games that is ) Maybe War of the Ring as well , hmm ...

Anyway, what I was trying to say ...
If I could change just one thing to the rulebook, I would change this sentence : " the repulsed character keeps any objects it was carrying"
into "the repulsed character drops any objects it was carrying in the square it is leaving"

Not only would this eliminate the exception rule for objects staying in place when the character is repulsed in a pit, but it would also create interesting new tactical possibilities in combination with the Banshee.

I'd like to know what the experienced players think about this suggestion ?

Would it make the Banshee too good ? Or could this character use the additional ability ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Franklin
United States
Milton
Washington
flag msg tools
He sees you when you're sleeping; he knows when you're awake ...
badge
He knows if you've been bad or good.
mbmbmbmbmb
Borg wrote:
If I could change just one thing to the rulebook, I would change this sentence : " the repulsed character keeps any objects it was carrying"
into "the repulsed character drops any objects it was carrying in the square it is leaving"

Not only would this eliminate the exception rule for objects staying in place when the character is repulsed in a pit, but it would also create interesting new tactical possibilities in combination with the Banshee.

I'd like to know what the experienced players think about this suggestion ?

Would it make the Banshee too good ? Or could this character use the additional ability ?

I think it'd make the Banshee too powerful - and a similar rules change would need to be applied to the Ring of Repulsion from Fire & Water to avoid confusion and maintain consistency.

As written, your change would also give characters another way to get away from Cursed objects, devaluing the cursed objects.

Eric
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Francesco Neri
Italy
Livorno
Italy
flag msg tools
badge
Francesco Neri
mbmbmb
could be very nice and usefull... i'll try it.

zerocool_ita

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philip Moerenhout
Belgium
Lede
Oost-Vlaanderen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I bought three ( only ones available ) expansions today ( paladins&dragons, Forces of Darkness and mercenaries ) and can already see now how it would make the Banshee too good.

Eager to try the new characters out.

Will certainly try them in solo play as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Francesco Neri
Italy
Livorno
Italy
flag msg tools
badge
Francesco Neri
mbmbmb
i try this rule, and must say that the banshee become a very powerfull character, usefull to stole item.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.