Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Anson Bischoff
United States
Salt Lake City
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Lately, we have been playing that when you "break through" a castle wall, if your soldier has not been rescued from that castle, you must rescue the soldier. Without this rule, most games I have played taking a coin has been an obvious choice over rescuing a soldier.

This makes the game longer, but the game is fairly short anyway. It also rewards attacking the same target which creates rivalries and somewhat adds to the strategy. Admittedly it could possibly lead to one castle being picked on, but this hasn't really happened in my experience as focusing your effort on a single castle leaves your defenses open for other players to attack you. It also gives the game more of a "build up" feel as you get more and more soldiers as you attack different targets. At it's heart, the game is still a light fare though and shouldn't take long even when using this variant.

Another option we came up with (but I have yet to try) is making the rule that if you break through and rescue a soldier, you also get to take one of the defending soldiers captive. If the defender has more than one of your soldiers, you rescue ALL soldiers and take one of theirs for captive. This raises the incentive to rescue soldiers, but taking a point will likely still be the best choice overall. Probably not much of a game changer, but it could still be fun, especially if you are losing and feeling spiteful.

Great little game by the way.
Way to go Phil and Trevor!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.