Popular Tags: [View All]
wendigo song
United States
Claymont
Delaware
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Okay for those of you that helped on my last thread, thank you very much. I will be playing my first game today and there has been a development. I told 2 friends about the game and that my fiance and I were going to be playing as Harry Potter & Batman and now they want to join the game so it looks like we are going to have a 5 person game. With that being said, they asked me to create custom investigators for them. They are comic fans so the characters they wanted to play were The Joker (to compliement my Batman) & Brother Voodoo. I created the investigators on Strange Eons and would really appreciate some feedback on the characters to ensure they are not broken.

The Joker
The Laughing Man
3 Sanity
5 Stamina
Home - Arkham Asylum
Fixed Possessions - $6, 1 Clue Token, 3 Common Items (Tommy Gun, Crowbar, Dynamite)
Random Possessions - 1 Skill
Focus 3
Speed - 1, 2, 3, 4
Sneak - 3, 2, 1, 0
Fight - 1, 2, 3, 4
Will - 6, 5, 4, 3
Lore - 4, 3, 2, 1
Luck - 0, 1, 2, 3
Laughing on the Inside - Joker remains locked in Arkham until he successfully rolls doubles at the beginning of his turn. Each turn he remains locked up, he gains a clue. While locked up, Players who visit and successfully "interrogate" him with their fists can take a clue.
On The Outside Of An Inside Joke - Anytime: If another Player loses Sanity or Stamina (and loss was not caused by Joker), Joker may roll a die for each marker and receives the marker up to his maximum for successful rolls.
Last Laugh - While at large Joker may ignore Horror checks, use Lore in place of Fight, and commit random acts of terror on fellow Players robbingwhich cost them 1 Sanity marker.

Brother Voodoo
The Houngan
Home - St Mary's Hospital
Fixed Possessions - $3, 1 Random Unique Item, 1 Spell (Heal), 1 Skill (Expert Occultist)
Random Possessions - 1 Spell, 1 Skill
Focus 2
Speed - 0, 1, 2, 3
Sneak - 3, 2, 1, 0
Fight - 2, 3, 4, 5
Will - 4, 3, 2, 1
Lore - 3, 4, 5, 6
Luck - 3, 2, 1, 0
Houngan Supreme - Any Phase: Brother Voodoo's combat checks are not affected by Magical Resistance. In addition, he ignores the Nightmarish ability when fighting monsters. Any Phase: Brother Voodoo's may spend 1 Clue token to automatically pass a Combat check against an Undead monster. Upkeep: Once per game, at the start of your turn, remove 1 doom token from the Ancient One's doom track.

With Joker I wanted him to be put in a position where other players can literally take advantage of the fact that he is incarcerated and almost abusivly, but once he escapes from Arkham he is literally a force of nature than can get revenge against the players that abused him as well as the monsters. With Brother Voodoo I wanted to give him specific powers that would compliement him as a powerful voodoo priest along with all his ability.

Please let me know what you think. Also can anyone help me or give me any tips for creating a Baron Zemo "Thunderbolts" type investigator. So far all I've done is make him a scientist and I have no idea what to give him as far as Sepcial Abilities or Possessions. I am looking to give him the type of abilities that he had when he was in possession of the Moonstones. Any help would be apprecieted.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick R
United Kingdom
Havant
Hampshire
flag msg tools
So long and thanks for all the fish
badge
42 - Life the Universe and Everything
mbmbmbmbmb
Sounds as though it is going to be a fun game, I am looking forward to the session report.

Regards

Gnome
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Freelance Police
United States
Palo Alto
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Great. Now you got me thinking. laugh

One thing I don't like about customer investigators is that they still follow the AH game plot, when they should be following their *own* plot, with an AH twist. So here's a scenario where the Joker wins by *opening* gates instead of closing them.

The Clown Prince of Cthulhu

Setup: The Joker begins with a hand of cards drawn from the Mythos deck and equal to the number of players in the game. The hand has no maximumm or minimum size.

Mythos Phase: Instead of drawing a Mythos card and resoving it normally, the Joker draws a Mythos card into his hand. If, during the Mythos phase, the Joker is at a location that matches a Mythos card in his hand, he may play and resolve it. The Joker is not drawn through this gate during the Mythos phase unless he wishes to do so.

There's more to it, especially if you want to add combat to slow down the Joker player. The scenario particularly allows the Joker player to open more gates during the endgame.

As for your version of the Joker, I don't like the idea of a player who can't do anything in the game for a few turns. OTOH, Rarely will players drawn encounter cards at stable locations, so it's an opportunity to check out the Arkham Asylum encounters. As for power level, the AH character power levels vary quite a bit, so if you think it's "balanced", the character should work fine.

Brother Voodoo is fine. IIRC, There's a character who's also good against undead, and another one who removes one Doom token per game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
wendigo song
United States
Claymont
Delaware
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sam and Max wrote:
As for your version of the Joker, I don't like the idea of a player who can't do anything in the game for a few turns. OTOH, Rarely will players drawn encounter cards at stable locations, so it's an opportunity to check out the Arkham Asylum encounters. As for power level, the AH character power levels vary quite a bit, so if you think it's "balanced", the character should work fine.

Brother Voodoo is fine. IIRC, There's a character who's also good against undead, and another one who removes one Doom token per game.

Well we played the game last night and it was crazy. The players were Batman, Harry Potter, Brother Voodoo, Monterey Jack, and the Joker. Me (Batman) and the Harry Potter and Monterey Jack players regularly interrogated the Joker and took his clues. This really pissed off the Joker player and when he escaped Arkham he got a good measure committing random acts of terror on all of us. I can't wait till the next game when we bring Baron Zemo into it. Anyone got any Baron Zemo suggestions?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Mc Cabe
United States
Arizona
flag msg tools
There are those who look at things the way they are and ask why . . . I dream of things that never were and ask why not
mbmbmbmbmb
Sounds like is was pretty chaotic. Is there going to be a seesion report?

Just a very minor correction with your Brother Voodoo sheet. On your list, you've placed "One random Unique Item" in the "Fixed Possessions" category.

Brian
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Campbell
United States
Arkansas
flag msg tools
mbmb
Are you making actual cards?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
wendigo song
United States
Claymont
Delaware
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I will do my best to get a session report in and thank you very much for the correction n Brother Voodoo's card. Also I have made the Investigator cards for these players.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Campbell
United States
Arkansas
flag msg tools
mbmb
harlemsushi wrote:
Also I have made the Investigator cards for these players.

Did you photoshop them or use Strange Eons? I'd be curious to see the cards themselves.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
wendigo song
United States
Claymont
Delaware
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I used Strange Eons. I'm not sure how to post on here though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Campbell
United States
Arkansas
flag msg tools
mbmb
I upload mine to photobucket then use the Share feature to get the link for an clickable thumbnail to get [ URL=http://s1222.photobucket.com/albums/dd482/QuasiAbstract/Arkham%20Horror/?action=view¤t=Ezio-Auditore-Front-Face.png ][ INLINEIMG ]http://i1222.photobucket.com/albums/dd482/QuasiAbstract/Arkh...[ /INLINEIMG ][ /URL ]

I had to modify the normal tag of [ IMG ] for the [ INLINE ] for multiples to line up side by side. Add a space between the two [ URL ] tags to have those not line up.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
wendigo song
United States
Claymont
Delaware
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey there, finally got around to uploading the files to photobucket. Here's Brother Voodoo, The Joker, Batman, Harry Potter and a fellow that I am going to play at our next game Baron Zemo. As you can guess we enjoy comics.

http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f102/harlemsushi/Arkham/Br...

http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f102/harlemsushi/Arkham/Ba...

http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f102/harlemsushi/Arkham/Th...

http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f102/harlemsushi/Arkham/Ha...

http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f102/harlemsushi/Arkham/Ba...

Please feel free to comment on any of them. I've made a lot more characters by request and we are currently in the process of trying to get a 6 player game together for Friday. So let me know what you think.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
wendigo song
United States
Claymont
Delaware
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You can really get carried away with Strange Eons! So far I have 17 custom investigators that I've created consisting of Baron Zemo (Marvel Comics), Batman (DC Comics), Brother Voodoo (Marvel Comics), Catwoman (DC Comics), Dark Claw (Amalagam Comics), Domino (Marvel Comics), Fu Manchu (From the serials), Harry Potter (from the books), John Locke (from the show Lost) The Joker (DC Comics), Poison Ivy (DC Comics), Shuna Sassi (from Nightbreed), & Vincent (Ron Pearlman from the Beauty and the Beast CBS series)

I can't wait for Friday's game. If half these people actually show up it is going to be one sick game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.