Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
DOUGLAS BRUNDIN
United States
Akron
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
My wife played a character against me last night who was a psychiatric patient who has the ability which read something like, "drain one resource, choose any character in play and gain the icons on that card for one phase". I can't remember the exact wording but that's the basics of it.

Anyway, she chose to mimic one of my monsters which had an attached support card which was a magic lamp which granted the holder one of each of the different icons.

So the question is: does she mimic ONLY the monster's actual printed card icons, or both the monster's own icons PLUS the bonuses granted by the magic lamp?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
DOUGLAS BRUNDIN
United States
Akron
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Thank you. I believe it said the PRINTED abilities. I think you might be right then, that the mimic would not encompass the magic lamp effects also.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Beyer
Denmark
Copenhagen
flag msg tools
more.
badge
Paul lemond
http://cthulhu.dbler.com/index.php?view=card&cardid=5004

Gain. Does this mean you can stack the effect? Can you drain more than one domain and gain the icons of several characters? I'm reading it as a yes, someone will need to convince me otherwise if not.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kris Vanhoyland
Belgium
Genk
flag msg tools
designer
“The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown.” ― H.P. Lovecraft
badge
I have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night.
mbmbmbmbmb
You don't have to exhaust the card, so yes, as long as you can keep paying the 1 resource cost, you can keep doing the action. Don't forget though, whenever you play an action, you then have to give your opponent a chance to play an action of himself, per the timing rules.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
kriss kriss
msg tools
mb
don't forget another thing !

you gain all printed icons when you pay 1 so you can pay as many as you have free domain with at least 1 ressource on it.
So you can add to your character lot of icons copied from lot of characters for 1 phase ^^

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.