Subject: what a great day rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ashley Ishmael
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So, we get through the day and I pick Andrew up from work. We were going to stop to get something little to eat before I got my son back from his grandma, but then I realized it is our 9th monthiversary! So then we decide to go to Texas Roadhouse (yum!) for dinner. After dinner we stopped by Collector's Connection for Andrew to add some comics to his list of new ones he is going to get as they come out. We then leave Collector's Connection and head to another game store to pick up more boards and bags, then jump into the vehicle to go home. On our way home he hands me a comic. He got me Batgirl #1 for our monthiversary! He's so sweet
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ed Rozmiarek
United States
Liberty Hill
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
9 month anniversary? Aren't you guys engaged? That's moving fast.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Eager
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
DBA Junkie
badge
"A Book should serve as the Ax for the frozen sea within us."-- KAFKA
mbmbmbmbmb

ninja She's always had the better theme song, IMO. Check out those sleazy slinky slides on the "Yeah, Who's baby are you?" refrain. ninja
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Goenner
United States
St. Cloud
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Yup, changed the Avatar for self-promotion.
badge
Go vote in the 24-Hour RPG Design Contest!
mbmbmbmbmb
edroz wrote:

Some would say so, I suppose, but it was right for us. And it's going to be a good year and a half at least before we get married.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geeky McGeekface
United States
Manassas
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Best hobby, with the best people in the world. Gaming is the best!
mbmbmbmbmb
MasterGeek wrote:
edroz wrote:

Some would say so, I suppose, but it was right for us. And it's going to be a good year and a half at least before we get married.

I asked

Mrs. Meeple
United States
Manassas
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

to marry me exactly one month after we started dating. It's the most atypical thing I've ever done in my life and the smartest. We were both in our thirties, so I guess at that age, when you find the right person, you don't see the need to wait around.

p.s. She said yes. Less than four months later, we were married. And very shortly, we'll be celebrating our 21st anniversary.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
VETRHUS of Rogaland
United States
Milwaukee
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
An ash I know, Yggdrasil its name. With water white is the great tree wet; thence come the dews that fall in the dales. Green by Urth's well does it ever grow.
mbmbmbmbmb
I asked my wife to marry me after only two weeks of face-to-face time.

I met her at a leadership camp on Lake Huron, we went our separate ways, started writing letters (eventually I wrote daily) and eventually called each other on the phone when we got back to college weekly.

When we got together again face-to-face in Chicago, at Christmas, I asked her to marry me and she said "yes".

That was 17 years ago.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ashley Ishmael
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I love all of these stories!!! keep em comin' guys!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Needle
Australia
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I asked my wife 6.5 years after hooking up. I'm notorious for researching.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mystery McMysteryface
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Mystery Bob indicated to me on our first date that he wanted something long term and serious with me and if I wasn't interested that he didn't want to waste his or my time!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fraser
Australia
Melbourne
flag msg tools
admin
designer
Back in the days when there were less maps we played every map back to back
badge
Ooh a little higher, now a bit to the left, a little more, a little more, just a bit more. Oooh yes, that's the spot!
mbmbmbmbmb
nnf1 wrote:
Amateurs It was 10 years after we met before we even hooked up!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
I promise I will not kill you until you reach the top.
United States
Allen Park
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
Have you joined the 2017 Secret Cthanta yet?
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My wife stalked me on the internet for about a year before we met. Well, before I met her. She had secretly met me while I was working at the Michigan Renaissance Festival. We dated for about a year, then I proposed and we were married 39 days later.

We moved in together about 3 months after that.

On our first date we played "Once Upon a Time". I shuffled and dealt. Her "Happily Ever After" card was "and she revealed her true identity and they were married". She thought I had stacked the deck.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Goenner
United States
St. Cloud
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
These are some great stories guys.
As for us, I was kind of sort of half seeing her friend for a while, which is how I met MistressGeek. During that time I became friends with MistressGeek as well. Apparently (I didn't find this out until well after we'd started dating), her friend wasn't interested in me, but she was interested in what I would do for her and buy her, etc.
I guess she told her friend that I was a great guy and didn't deserve what she was doing to me, and that she was going to have to stop before she hurt me.
Anyway, I was still friends with MistressGeek after that ended, neither of us had any romantic thoughts for the other that we were aware of. She was sick for a couple days and I brought her some soup and hung out with her until she was feeling better, one thing led to another, and here we are!

Have I posted this story before? No, idea. As I get older I find my memory starts to go. If I have, oh well, read it again.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott A. Reed
United States
Lawrence
Kansas
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Larry Levy wrote:
I asked Mrs. Meeple to marry me exactly one month after we started dating. It's the most atypical thing I've ever done in my life and the smartest. We were both in our thirties, so I guess at that age, when you find the right person, you don't see the need to wait around.

p.s. She said yes. Less than four months later, we were married. And very shortly, we'll be celebrating our 21st anniversary.

The "proposal" to my wife came in the discussion on health care benefits after dating for ~2 years. On the way to the car she casually said "I think we should get married" and I said "I do, too", We were married 3-4 weeks later in a small civil ceremony. That was eight years ago.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacqui Bankler
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My husband and I met at Hebrew school when we were 8, we started dating at 14 and got married when I finished college.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Bankler
United States
San Antonio
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
"Keep Summer Safe!"
mbmbmbmbmb
jbankler wrote:
My husband and I met at Hebrew school when we were 8, we started dating at 14 and got married when I finished college.

I take her word for all three of those dates.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leesa
United States
louisville
ky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
EgorjLileli wrote:
Mystery Bob indicated to me on our first date that he wanted something long term and serious with me and if I wasn't interested that he didn't want to waste his or my time!

I met my hubby online..we dated a time or two, a year passed, he got in touch with me again, we dated a couple of times, then a year passed again and he got in touch with me again...we met up for dinner had a wonderful evening..he called the next day, I told him I wasn't looking for hookups or anytime date buddy. I also wasn't on planning on wasting my time with a relationship that wasnt going anywhere and that I had stopped dating and just enjoying my single life with my daughters. He was excited that I was looking for more and he wanted to be the one! We dated for only 3months and he asked me to marry him. We got married about a year later and on April of this year we celebrated our 1st. We are very happy! I love how he takes care of me and only wants the best for me. He was so supported and helpful when I lost my brother and mother last Nov & Dec. so sad a month apart. We made the long road trips to AZ both times and he never was concern about his work, etc. only that we are with my family and being there for my DAD.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Juan Medina
United States
Cedar Park
Texas
flag msg tools
Property of LunaClara
badge
Board games rule my life, and my wife's. That is a good thing, believe it or not ;)
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
So, we get through the day and I pick Andrew up from work. We were going to stop to get something little to eat before I got my son back from his grandma, but then I realized it is our 9th monthiversary! So then we decide to go to Texas Roadhouse (yum!) for dinner. After dinner we stopped by Collector's Connection for Andrew to add some comics to his list of new ones he is going to get as they come out. We then leave Collector's Connection and head to another game store to pick up more boards and bags, then jump into the vehicle to go home. On our way home he hands me a comic. He got me Batgirl #1 for our monthiversary! He's so sweet

You should meet my wife. We celebrated a lot of stuff when we were dating, anniversaries for a lot of stuff.

We grew up as a couple playing D&D and other RPGs. I guess geeks do have a lot to share over time, and that helps a lot to keep a relationship interesting.

Now with board gaming we have a lot to work on together just for fun, and that has helped a lot to keep things going great after being together for 19 years (3.5 dating and the rest married!).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leesa
United States
louisville
ky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
PrivateMeggido wrote:
You should meet my wife. We celebrated a lot of stuff when we were dating, anniversaries for a lot of stuff.

We grew up as a couple playing D&D and other RPGs. I guess geeks do have a lot to share over time, and that helps a lot to keep a relationship interesting.

Now with board gaming we have a lot to work on together just for fun, and that has helped a lot to keep things going great after being together for 19 years (3.5 dating and the rest married!).

My husband likes to take ordinary days or happenings and tells me we should go and celebrate. Its seems like we are always celebrating little things and the big things. Life is good and we are so blessed that we both recognize what God had put in front of us.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geeky McGeekface
United States
Manassas
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Best hobby, with the best people in the world. Gaming is the best!
mbmbmbmbmb
sdonohue wrote:
On our first date we played "Once Upon a Time". I shuffled and dealt. Her "Happily Ever After" card was "and she revealed her true identity and they were married". She thought I had stacked the deck.

On my first date with my wife-to-be, we went to a Chinese restaurant and, naturally, fortune cookies were served at the end. She opened hers and it read, "Stop looking for happiness, it's sitting right in front of you."

She still has that fortune.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Goenner
United States
St. Cloud
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Larry Levy wrote:
sdonohue wrote:

On my first date with my wife-to-be, we went to a Chinese restaurant and, naturally, fortune cookies were served at the end. She opened hers and it read, "Stop looking for happiness, it's sitting right in front of you."

She still has that fortune.

That's fantastic!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ashley Ishmael
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
THATS FREAKING AWESOME!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Needle
Australia
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Karlsen wrote:
nnf1 wrote:
Amateurs It was 10 years after we met before we even hooked up!

That's because you are in Australia. If you were back in my mother country you would have been married then.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.