Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
DOUGLAS BRUNDIN
United States
Akron
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Does this card really mean that every turn you burn up two cards from the village and hero decks?

I played this way with my wife last weekend and it was a mess. It took too long each time to take off the two cards and it was a bigger pain when we had to restock the empty village every 4 turns or so. I burned through a ton of cards and then later had to rebox them all. Not too fun.

Or maybe I was doing something wrong?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rauli Kettunen
Finland
Oulu
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Nothing in the card suggests to me you're meant to do it every turn. As I read it, when it goes out there, you do its effect, then no more. So each of the eight Village stacks starts with 6 cards only, Heroes lose 2 lvl1 cards. In of itself it probably doesn't push a lot of redrawing of Randomizers, but throw in Raiders and/or Siege and things get bad (not in a good way, I agree halting the game to draw new Randomizers = yuk ).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
DOUGLAS BRUNDIN
United States
Akron
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Ahhhhh....I get it. So Stormhold just means that if a stack of village cards is depleted for any reason, you refill the empty space with a new stack of randomly selected cards. Got it.

You know, it's amazing how my brain completely misinterpreted that card. Thanks for your reply!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leo IronRush
Brazil
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Dam the Man wrote:
Nothing in the card suggests to me you're meant to do it every turn. As I read it, when it goes out there, you do its effect, then no more. So each of the eight Village stacks starts with 6 cards only, Heroes lose 2 lvl1 cards. In of itself it probably doesn't push a lot of redrawing of Randomizers, but throw in Raiders and/or Siege and things get bad (not in a good way, I agree halting the game to draw new Randomizers = yuk ).

Rauli...
So this card says destroy two of each non-basic village stacks.
Heroes are included also? Are you sure?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rauli Kettunen
Finland
Oulu
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
IronRush wrote:

Rauli...
So this card says destroy two of each non-basic village stacks.
Heroes are included also? Are you sure?

Honestly? No idea, there's been discussion of late on what village vs village, what's what. Then again, Stormhold does mention Heroes later for its effect. Also, I don't think having 4 instead of 6 lvl1 heroes breaks anything (makes Archduke of Pain Breaching more "fun" devil ), except maybe solo on Warrior/Nightmare level where you halve the hero stacks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.