Subject: APO mail to US from Overseas rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Herb
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Had a weird thought. Can't US personnel overseas ship stuff back to US at cheaper rates than going through foreign post offices?

Anybody know if US personnel are prohibited from running a business through the APO system?

It seem that a overseas service member could set up an ebay store with Paypal as payment, list a 25% markup on games that they could buy locally. They wouldn't have to buy until they already had the money. Then ship back to US through APO system.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Celina
United States
University City
MO
flag msg tools
mb
Wow! That's a good question.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Thrift
United States
Goldsboro
North Carolina
flag msg tools
Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipisicing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua.
badge
Raleigh, NC Temple
mbmbmbmbmb
It's prohibited. They can get in a lot of trouble if they use it for anything other than personal use.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arthur chang
United States
TUSTIN
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
hmmm... I just bought 3 brand new games (the exact same title) from a guy on an APO address -- I looked it up and it's in europe. They had clearance price stickers in dollars so I had to assume they were from the commissary or other on base business? But I guess they don't inspect the packages or anything like that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Herb
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Unfortunately Matthew is probably right. But it is sort like fishing. Ever go fishing and catch all the fish in the pond?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.