Popular Tags: [View All]
Peet Smith
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Can the +1 tokens be used by any player, or only by the player whose flag is on the token?

I assume that you can only use your tokens, but if so, why put them back in the "common supply?" Why not just flip them over?

Peet

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ishai BD
United States
Mountain View
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
If that's the phrasing in the rules, then I believe that by common supply the intent is one's own supply. In any case, each player have their own personal supply of +1 tokens and you need to distinguish between the ones in possession and the ones in the supply (that can be obtained on a bad roll).

Flipping them over might serve that purpose.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Duff
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yup, it's just to keep yours separate from the supply.

Very important to do so to keep the proper number of re-rolls. Also note that the flags for the Hindenburg come from the common supply, not your personal one.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randall Bart
United States
Winnetka
California
flag msg tools
designer
Baseball been bery bery good to me
badge
This is a picture of a published game designer
mbmbmbmbmb
UnknownParkerBrother wrote:
Also note that the flags for the Hindenburg come from the common supply, not your personal one.

Except there is no common supply. They come from your personal supply.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sheldon Morris
Canada
Fergus
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Barticus88 wrote:
Also note that the flags for the Hindenburg come from the common supply, not your personal one.

Page 5:
Quote:
If the throw for a construction phase is successful, the player takes one of his bonus chips from the general supply next to the game board and uses it to mark the appropriate construction phase of the "Hindenburg". (If there is no bonus chip in the supply, he must take one from his board.)

Looks like UnknownParkerBrother is correct, there is a common/general supply; they do not come from your personal supply. (Thankfully, because that's the way we've played it).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peet Smith
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
My point is, though, that rather than have the inactive tokens in a central location (the "common supply"), why not just keep them on your sheet? When you gain +1 tokens, flip them over to the +1 side, and when you spend them flip them back over to the flag side. No need to put them anywhere other than your little board.

If someone else could use tokens with your flag, that would be different, but they can't.

Peet

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Duff
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hugin wrote:
Barticus88 wrote:

Page 5:
Quote:
If the throw for a construction phase is successful, the player takes one of his bonus chips from the general supply next to the game board and uses it to mark the appropriate construction phase of the "Hindenburg". (If there is no bonus chip in the supply, he must take one from his board.)

Looks like Barticus88 is correct, there is a common/general supply, but they do not come from your personal supply. (Thankfully, because that's the way we've played it).

? That rules quote supports my position, not Randall's. cool

Peet, it's simply practicality. Things get bumped, knocked over, forgotten, etc. The closer you keep your personal supply to the general supply, the more likely you'll make a mistake somewhere.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sheldon Morris
Canada
Fergus
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
? That rules quote supports my position, not Randall's. cool

Yes. It was indeed supposed to say "Looks like UnknownParkerBrother is correct". Sorry.

As soon as I saw Randall's comment I thought "that ain't right", better show him what the rules say.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.