Subject: dumb question i'm sure rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
jeremy hammond
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
what is the U.S. release date for this game?

thanks and sorry for the dumb question

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mayday Games
United States
Layton
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We had a terrible experience setting a release date for our original crokinole board and were blasted for not meeting the estimated date, though with good reason since it was about six months late! As you may recall Automobile by Mayfair Games was pushed back for nearly a year around the same time but did not have the same irate reaction, maybe people are more used to it with some companies than with others?

At any rate, we've opted to follow suit with Rio Grande Games and many others and not give specific release dates. It will get here when it gets here and that will be sometime soon. What we can do though is tell you that it will ship to customers as soon as it arrives from the factory.

The first run of the game was shipped from the factory on Sept. 1 and is ESTIMATED to arrive to us around Sept. 27 though. We have never done a larger run than this first printing of the game, but even so the first printing of the game is sold out.

What I mean by that is that the number of copies en route to us is significantly less than the number of copies already spoken for on Kickstarter + those already ordered by distributors. We will have enough for the Kickstarter first and foremost, but distributors (and therefore retailers) will get very little. We will fill all Kickstarter backers as soon as the shipment comes in, save a few for Essen, and then send the rest to distributors.

We have another order in for a larger print run at the factory but it will not even start being produced until sometime in October due to a shortage of the highest quality card raw material that we also used in the first print run. After the 30 days for production + 4 weeks of shipping time we will be lucky to have the 2nd run in stock before Christmas.

In other words, if you want a copy you'd better order it on Kickstarter as no retailers have any guarantee of getting any of them before December, though a few could get some copies in if they preorder from their distributors quickly.

If you'd like to track the shipment coming into us you can keep an eye on this link, once it hits the Long Beach port it is usually about 4-5 days away from getting to us in Utah after customs/shipper/factory clearances and local delivery schedules:

http://www.imperialcfs.com/Availability/hbl_detail.aspx?hbln...

How is that for an answer! Remember, there are no dumb questions... only dumb people... no wait, that's not how it goes at all! I'm sure lots of people had this question on their minds.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Reverend Redd
United States
Bremerton
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yep. Another release disaster, courtesy of Mayday Games.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Ibarzabal

Campinas
Sao Paulo
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Would you prefer they told you a comfortable lie, Reverend?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Laszlo Stadler
Germany
Munich
flag msg tools
badge
Live long and prosper!
mbmbmbmbmb
galathonredd wrote:

What exactly is the problem here?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Port
United Kingdom
London
Barnet
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
stadi wrote:
galathonredd wrote:

What exactly is the problem here?

I think the only problem may lie in both a much higher interest in the game than mayday thought there would be along with possibly a misunderstanding on how kickstart works. Otherwise I think they have handled things well considering. I'll be doing a bunch of games of it at Cabs today in ohio It is good to see it doing well. I'm hoping there are several expansions released.

Speaking of expansions, any word on if you can pre-order the extra two player expansion that is coming along?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Samantha RD
South Africa
Harrismith
Free State
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
gobbo wrote:
I'm hoping there are several expansions released.

Yes, me too - I can see this as being a game which could expand very well- I am hoping they design expansions which change the gameplay from expansion to expansion.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jared Parkinson
United States
Katy
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
maydaygames wrote:

The first run of the game was shipped from the factory on Sept. 1 and is ESTIMATED to arrive to us around Sept. 27 though. We have never done a larger run than this first printing of the game, but even so the first printing of the game is sold out.

What I mean by that is that the number of copies en route to us is significantly less than the number of copies already spoken for on Kickstarter + those already ordered by distributors. We will have enough for the Kickstarter first and foremost, but distributors (and therefore retailers) will get very little. We will fill all Kickstarter backers as soon as the shipment comes in, save a few for Essen, and then send the rest to distributors.

In other words, if you want a copy you'd better order it on Kickstarter as no retailers have any guarantee of getting any of them before December, though a few could get some copies in if they preorder from their distributors quickly.

So clear this up for me. I have been on the fence with Kickstarting and this may push me one way or the other. Are you saying that if we are Kickstarters we will be sure to get a copy? Or is there a chance that even some Kickstarters will not get the first print run. This game is going to debut at my Halloween party but if I won't get it by the end of sept I'll likely pass.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Laszlo Stadler
Germany
Munich
flag msg tools
badge
Live long and prosper!
mbmbmbmbmb
Saca_Muela wrote:
maydaygames wrote:

So clear this up for me. I have been on the fence with Kickstarting and this may push me one way or the other. Are you saying that if we are Kickstarters we will be sure to get a copy? Or is there a chance that even some Kickstarters will not get the first print run. This game is going to debut at my Halloween party but if I won't get it by the end of sept I'll likely pass.

Well, the Kickstarter entry always said: Estimated Delivery: Oct 2011

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jared Parkinson
United States
Katy
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
stadi wrote:
Saca_Muela wrote:
maydaygames wrote:

Well, the Kickstarter entry always said: Estimated Delivery: Oct 2011

I brought up Sept because that was when Seth said they would be getting them in. Anyway that isn't really my concern as a Halloween party would be the end of October. I am much more concerned whether kickstarters could possibly miss out on the first shipment.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Off The Shelf Board Game Reviews
United States
Anchorage
Alaska
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I hope
Mayday Games
United States
Layton
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
doesn't mind me posting this, if this is out of line I apologize in advance.

I emailed Mayday games about "Eaten By Zombies" and to sum up they will fulfill all kickstarter orders first. Whatever is left over (amount will vary depending on how many more kickstarter orders they get) will be sent to distributors. So if for example they have 989 orders and 1000 copies en route, then 11 copies will go to some lucky distributors. Orders from Kickstarter are being filled first. Again they are fulfilling all Kickstarter orders before anything else.

I know Seth basically said all this, but one naysayer kinda puzzled me so I felt compelled to reply. Additionally my impression is "If you want this game get on Kickstarter... yesterday...".

to clarify, I was puzzled by what was posted by
Reverend Redd
United States
Bremerton
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Back on topic, great looking game, I can't wait for the second print run to be out so I can pick up a copy myself!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jared Parkinson
United States
Katy
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Grumsh wrote:
I hope
Mayday Games
United States
Layton
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
doesn't mind me posting this, if this is out of line I apologize in advance.

I emailed Mayday games about "Eaten By Zombies" and to sum up they will fulfill all kickstarter orders first. Whatever is left over (amount will vary depending on how many more kickstarter orders they get) will be sent to distributors. So if for example they have 989 orders and 1000 copies en route, then 11 copies will go to some lucky distributors. Orders from Kickstarter are being filled first. Again they are fulfilling all Kickstarter orders before anything else.

I know Seth basically said all this, but one naysayer kinda puzzled me so I felt compelled to reply. Additionally my impression is "If you want this game get on Kickstarter... yesterday...".

to clarify, I was puzzled by what was posted by
Reverend Redd
United States
Bremerton
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Back on topic, great looking game, I can't wait for the second print run to be out so I can pick up a copy myself!

Right, I get that and it sounds good, but is it possible and if so how likely to have more kickstarter copies pledged than first print copies. ie could any Kickstarters be left in the cold? This is likely something that only Seth knows. It would be nice if there was a countdown or something. Total copies expected vs copies pledged already through kickstarter. They have had a terrific response and more than achieved what they need so any new Kickstarters are realy unnecessary and it makes sense that Kickstarters who pledged in faith before it was funded would deserve a copy before the bandwagon kickstarters. If I have to wait then I might as well wait with my money in my wallet.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mayday Games
United States
Layton
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There is no chance any Kickstarter contributor will be left out in the cold. We have enough to fill the demand on Kickstarter, but distributors WILL be left out in the cold.

I'm just saying that if you want to guarantee you will get a copy then Kickstarter is the only way for that to happen.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mayday Games
United States
Layton
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
galathonredd wrote:

Where exactly is the disaster? The release date has never been formally announced. I would think the Reverend would be over at the Eminent Domain threads complaining about that release or somewhere with at least a potential for a disaster.

About the Halloween party delivery, the release SHOULD be around Sept. 27, but we have NO control over the port/customs/shipping to get it here and that is only an estimate based on the day it shipped from the factory. Please check the tracking info around 9/21/11 as it should show something here by then:

http://www.imperialcfs.com/Availability/hbl_detail.aspx?hbln...

If there is some way we can be more upfront about the release date or shipping information please recommend it and we will be happy to help! Have a great evening everyone!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jared Parkinson
United States
Katy
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
maydaygames wrote:
There is no chance any Kickstarter contributor will be left out in the cold. We have enough to fill the demand on Kickstarter, but distributors WILL be left out in the cold.

I'm just saying that if you want to guarantee you will get a copy then Kickstarter is the only way for that to happen.

Perfect thats what I needed to hear.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cameron Chien
United States
Rancho Cucamonga
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Some people are just haters. I don't see how Mayday Games could be any more transparent about how to go about buying the game.

They are not psychic, they couldn't have predicted that this game would've gotten so much interest.

Cameron
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jared Parkinson
United States
Katy
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Zeede wrote:
Some people are just haters. I don't see how Mayday Games could be any more transparent about how to go about buying the game.

They are not psychic, they couldn't have predicted that this game would've gotten so much interest.

Cameron

I may be missing something but this comment seems about as left field as the Reverends earlier rant. I don't really see a whole lot of haters with this game or how Mayday has handled its kickstart. I agree that there is a lot of interest in this game and is very popular. Mayday has been transparent I just asked a fair question about if the game was going to be too popular and have more demand than supply. No need to part with my money prematurely. If I would have to wait then I'd do it with money in my wallet. Regardless as you saw Seth answered the question and it looks like all Kickstarters will be just fine. I am now a kickstarter and looking forward to get it in the near future.

Edit for typos

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.